MIAMI UPDATE

KAOriginal

All-American
More than likely...it looks like 20+ wins, .500 or above in conference and 1 or 2 wins in the ACC tourney.

That's pretty close to making the tourney this year. Exactly what we used to gripe about with the middling power conference schools.....

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Even JMU and UNCW are way ahead of us.....
Two programs that were destroyed by bad hires are doing better than us even though they are in the depleted CAA. THAT should tell you how bad Hewitt is. UNCW hired a guy who was a prep school coach who only had limited college coaching experience and, yet, are now better than us after a half season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Two programs that were destroyed by bad hires are doing better than us even though they are in the depleted CAA. THAT should tell you how bad Hewitt is. UNCW hired a guy who was a prep school coach who only had limited college coaching experience and, yet, are now better than us after a half season.

Keatts is a terrific recruiter, an excellent coach and a rising star in the business. I'll be surprised if he's still at UNCW three years from now.

It's hindsight of course -- Keatts was still at Hargrave when Larranaga left -- but if he had hired him instead of Hewitt, we never would've lost Luke and the program would probably be better off.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
But, but, Miami has a shiny new practice facility...beek, beek, beek. If we had that we would no doubt be so pretty and good! Ow, Miami is better than Mason.

Like it frickin matters which LOSER program is better than the other. LOSERS

I see you guys are now on the UNCW bandwagon after kicking sand on that program like there was irreparable damage a few years ago from their much-worse-than-Mason incompetence.

Figures.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I see you guys are now on the UNCW bandwagon after kicking sand on that program like there was irreparable damage a few years ago from their much-worse-than-Mason incompetence.

Figures.
Why do you say UNCW's incompetence was worse than Mason's? We were at a higher level and we fell just as low. An argument can be made that O'Connor screwed things up more than UNCW's incompetent AD. Besides, we have not stopped falling yet. UNCW has. Mason hired Hewitt, UNCW hired Peterson. I don't know which one is worse. All I know is one is the worst coach in America and the other one is the second worst coach in America.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Just wanted to point out that it's still too early to know if UNCW's incompetence will turn out to be "much worse" than Mason's.

So far, minus our decision to upgrade conferences, it looks eerily similar:

* Their dumbass AD let Brownell walk after an NCAA bid. Ours lost Larranaga after 27 wins, an 8 seed and NCAA at-large.

* They hired Benny Moss, who tanked. We hired Hewitt ... 'nuff said.

* They got a new, even dumber AD, who fired Moss and gave big bucks to Buzz Peterson. He, of course, sucked donkey wang.

This is where we are right now. If Edwards can find a good coach to replace Hewitt and turn our program around, we won't have to suffer through a lost decade like UNCW has. But that's hardly a given at this point.

As hard as it is to contemplate, they are proof that things actually can get worse.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hahaha you love MIAMI and you love WILMINGTON but neither of you has enough money to move to the BEACH!!!

Eat it, Hewitt haters!!!

Hard not to love Wilmington. If I could figure out a way to cover Richmond-area news from the North Carolina coast, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

In the meantime, I'll settle for being able to go to the Patriot Center and not have to look at Paul Hewitt's stupid f*cking face.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why do you say UNCW's incompetence was worse than Mason's? We were at a higher level and we fell just as low. An argument can be made that O'Connor screwed things up more than UNCW's incompetent AD. Besides, we have not stopped falling yet. UNCW has. Mason hired Hewitt, UNCW hired Peterson. I don't know which one is worse. All I know is one is the worst coach in America and the other one is the second worst coach in America.

Because UNCWs fall was a conscious decision to defund and deemphasize athletics. We just messed up and hired the wrong coach.