Mason will announce TOMORROW

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Looking at his record in more detail he has a better record than Turner or Coach L. This is a very solid hire. I think he is better than Muton. For those who were looking for splashy just remember Westhead and Hewitt. This hire makes sense and doesn't leave me with that odd and disturbing aftertaste that reminded me of foreboding, bad gambling losses and horrific morning afters waking up next to a woman that was either a friends mom or the fat foreign chick that was swiveling a chair at the end of a bar.

Broads, Buicks, and Buckley

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looking at his record in more detail he has a better record than Turner or Coach L. This is a very solid hire. I think he is better than Muton. For those who were looking for splashy just remember Westhead and Hewitt. This hire makes sense and doesn't leave me with that odd and disturbing aftertaste that reminded me of foreboding, bad gambling losses and horrific morning afters waking up next to a woman that was either a friends mom or the fat foreign chick that was swiveling a chair at the end of a bar.

I think the only concern I have is with Paulsen's ceiling here. With the other two, who are younger and more aggressive, it felt like their ceiling might have been higher (this isn't necessarily the case, just the feeling I got from Turner and Moton). I think that's where this is coming from.

I honestly don't think the Big West or the MEAC are better conferences than the Patriot, nor do I think that UCI or NC Central are better programs than Bucknell.

Dawgs99

Starter
I really wanted a teacher of the game, someone who not only knew what to do but could teach his players in a way that they understood. Even if you recruit only average level A10 guys if you have a great system and you are able to convey your basketball principles you can win a lot of games. Games are won in practice and film work, not in the press conference or the great one liners during an interview. Excited about having a guy with a ton of experience with a back round in the good ol' X's & O's. according to the press release his is a sought after speaker on the principle of the motion offense....boner.

Haxormax

Starter
PAULSEN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but seriously, I know nothing.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think the only concern I have is with Paulsen's ceiling here. With the other two, who are younger and more aggressive, it felt like their ceiling might have been higher (this isn't necessarily the case, just the feeling I got from Turner and Moton). I think that's where this is coming from.

I honestly don't think the Big West or the MEAC are better conferences than the Patriot, nor do I think that UCI or NC Central are better programs than Bucknell.

You point to age and aggressiveness as defining ceiling. I saw Paulsen's practice video - seemed pretty aggressive. And age - I give you Coach Roy and Coach K as exhibit one and two.

The Paulsen hire gives us something we never had with the Hewitt hire.........a coach.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You point to age and aggressiveness as defining ceiling. I saw Paulsen's practice video - seemed pretty aggressive. And age - I give you Coach Roy and Coach K as exhibit one and two.

The Paulsen hire gives us something we never had with the Hewitt hire.........a coach.

No, I agree with you. And I think the more I read and see of him the more I am happy he is coming. I hope he can replicate his success here (I will take 51-15 in the A10 over the next four years please).

As I promised, unlike that P8 character, a donation will be coming from me shortly.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
No, I agree with you. And I think the more I read and see of him the more I am happy he is coming. I hope he can replicate his success here (I will take 51-15 in the A10 over the next four years please).

As I promised, unlike that P8 character, a donation will be coming from me shortly.
Check is in envelope now.

Just one request from Pateiot Club, please send a donation letter that is compliant with IRS code to allow me to deduct it.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The first rule of Press Club is you do not talk about Press Club
How do you know anything about yourself if you've never been in a fight?...I expect to see a news clip tomorrow with the headline "Man starts fight at press conference in honor of new coach."

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
In 36 mins the thread title will be on point:eva:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone who isn't pleased with Paulsen had way too high expectations on what was doable. Paulsen is a good hire.

And I appreciate that Brad swung for the fences but ended up with a double.

I would say he got a double and then stole to third. You have to give him that just for the way he approached this decision. The competence of the process and the hire gives me the warm fuzzies. Very happy man this morning. Very happy.

Getting a new set of Mason vanity plates for the Mercedes.

bob

Four-star Recruit
I really wanted a teacher of the game, someone who not only knew what to do but could teach his players in a way that they understood. Even if you recruit only average level A10 guys if you have a great system and you are able to convey your basketball principles you can win a lot of games. Games are won in practice and film work, not in the press conference or the great one liners during an interview. Excited about having a guy with a ton of experience with a back round in the good ol' X's & O's. according to the press release his is a sought after speaker on the principle of the motion offense....boner.
And this guy is smart as a whip -- cum laude, phi beta kappa. Doesn't hurt to have somebody with brains, plus a decent track record.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Anyone who isn't pleased with Paulsen had way too high expectations on what was doable. Paulsen is a good hire.

And I appreciate that Brad swung for the fences but ended up with a double.

I give Edwards little credit, if any. Didn't he hire a search firm to do the work? What exactly did he do?