Just WIN baby

sigmanorm

Starter
If Mason basketball staff members are reading these, the subject above will make things much better. If you read chat boards from ANY other school in the country you will find positive and negative remarks, just like this board.

Nobody on these boards has missed a shot or thrown a ball away during the Hewitt era (some have for previous coaches). Conversely nobody on these boards have made big baskets or taken charges during the Hewitt era.

Some things A LOT of the members of this board have done include DONATING MONEY to support the program, buying tickets to Mason games (home and away) and cheering our tails off for the team to win!

Worry less about what is written here and more about what is done on the court, oh yeah and what is done off the court. There have been a lot of suspensions for issues off the court that have impacted the team.

We ALL love Mason Hoops and have been fans for a LONG time, some longer than others. We want to see the team succeed! We want to return to the NCAA tournament so we can travel to those games and support the team! Many of us have not missed a conference tournament game in YEARS...some of us have been to places like Cleveland to witness dramatic wins and thumping losses. Some of us were at the Sweet 16, Elite 8 and Final Four games in 2006. Some have even been to more than that.
We are here to support the team and vent with other fans on the team - POSITIVE and NEGATIVE!!
If you need us to help recruit...JUST ASK!
If you want more support and less negative comments...JUST WIN BABY!!!

OP
sigmanorm

sigmanorm

Starter
Don't get me wrong, I like Hewitt as a guy and a recruiter. He is very personable and is always willing to talk as is the rest of the staff, we just want to see is bring us wins on the court. We all wear our Mason gear around proudly...we just want to be able to expand the brand and the University. Success on the court is a BIG part of how to do that.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I think Hewitt should really think twice about criticizing our fan's behavior, it reflects poorly on our program and is likely to scare away potential new fans. In one instance in particular a potential new fan was considering coming to their first game, so he did some interneting and found out that the coaches were negative towards the fans conduct. He ultimately decided to take his fan talents to vcu instead.

Yeah. All my neighbors we going to be new Mason fans after just now discovering college basketball, but when Hewitt started losing they all became St.Bonaventure fans.

Now they drive to New York for home games and give that program thousands that could have gone to us.

PS...Joe Shannon...is that a real name? That sounds made up.

Afton Mtn Patriot

Preferred Walk-On
I just want to throw up an example of how quickly things can change. My wife is a Clemson alum and we are both huge Tiger supporters along with Mason. Brad Brownell (who we're all familiar with from UNCW) just finished up his 4th season and signed a new 6 year deal today. His first 4 seasons went down like this...

2010-11: 22-12 (9-7) NCAAT First Four win
2011-12: 16-15 (8-8)
2012-13: 13-18 (5-13)
2013-14: 23-13 (10-8) NIT Final Four appearance

In the 2013 offseason Clemson lost 2 of their better players in Devin Booker and Milton Jennings, returned a very inexperienced team, and still managed a huge turnaround.

Those first 3 seasons look very similar to our first 3 seasons under Hewitt. The graduation of Booker and Jennings looked just as detrimental as the Wright and Allen losses look for us. I know we don't have a KJ McDaniels type player on our team, but we do have a pretty damn good player in Jalen Jenkins and we probably return more experienced guys than they did last season. Things might look bad now, but they don't look any worse than what last year looked like for Clemson. Clemson was voted to finish 14th out of 15 in the ACC last season and proved everyone wrong.

I understand everyone's first argument is going to be that Brownell is a much better coach than Hewitt. You are probably right, but at this time last year, Clemson supporters everywhere felt just as bad about Brownell as we do now about Hewitt.

Don't lose hope...things can still change for the better!

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Bravo.
I just want to throw up an example of how quickly things can change. My wife is a Clemson alum and we are both huge Tiger supporters along with Mason. Brad Brownell (who we're all familiar with from UNCW) just finished up his 4th season and signed a new 6 year deal today. His first 4 seasons went down like this...

2010-11: 22-12 (9-7) NCAAT First Four win
2011-12: 16-15 (8-8)
2012-13: 13-18 (5-13)
2013-14: 23-13 (10-8) NIT Final Four appearance

In the 2013 offseason Clemson lost 2 of their better players in Devin Booker and Milton Jennings, returned a very inexperienced team, and still managed a huge turnaround.

Those first 3 seasons look very similar to our first 3 seasons under Hewitt. The graduation of Booker and Jennings looked just as detrimental as the Wright and Allen losses look for us. I know we don't have a KJ McDaniels type player on our team, but we do have a pretty damn good player in Jalen Jenkins and we probably return more experienced guys than they did last season. Things might look bad now, but they don't look any worse than what last year looked like for Clemson. Clemson was voted to finish 14th out of 15 in the ACC last season and proved everyone wrong.

I understand everyone's first argument is going to be that Brownell is a much better coach than Hewitt. You are probably right, but at this time last year, Clemson supporters everywhere felt just as bad about Brownell as we do now about Hewitt.

Don't lose hope...things can still change for the better!