News Jonathan Arledge May Not Return

masonjoe

Starter
Hewitt convinced everyone to stay when he arrived. Guys like Arledge and Gray really regret staying and that's what we are seeing here.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hewitt convinced everyone to stay when he arrived. Guys like Arledge and Gray really regret staying and that's what we are seeing here.

If that's true, I don't blame them. There's probably more than a little regret in our locker room among guys who could've left or never come in the first place.

I highly doubt any of them thought they were signing on to such an epic fail when they decided to play for Hewitt, but there we are.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So what y'all are saying is Hewitt is great in the image dept but lacks in the actual coaching dept? Kinda like a used car salesman? Or a really good actor?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Not everyone.

For reference see Hancock, Luke.

Oh yeah, I remember him. The guy everyone said was running because he was scared of Sherrod, would never see the court at Louisville, and have a better opportunity to develop and show his skills to scouts had he stayed.

How'd that end up working out?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Brian,

I don't hold Hewitt accountable for this situation. My guess is that there was an impasse: Hewitt wanted Arledge to continue to get therapy for his back and try to play this season; while Arledge wanted to graduate this school year and complete his eligibility next season.

Hard to fault a coach when a player has the delusion that if he could just have "one more year to develop" he can be in the NBA. We needed the motivated Arledge from the second half of last season to show up this year, not some giant head floating above Alredge's body.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I dont think Shanny was in it just for the money, with his stint in Washington it may have cost him a shot in the HOF.

My bad for not being more clear. Shanahan obviously wanted to win while he was here — and I agree with you that he screwed his legacy by his performance — but my point was he was never going to quit due to so much money being at stake. Even when it was obvious he wouldn't be coming back after losing 8 straight games, there was no way he was walking away.

As far as he was concerned, the scenarios on the table were: "Fire my a** or retain my a**, but there is no way in hell my a** is giving up that much dough." haha

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh yeah, I remember him. The guy everyone said was running because he was scared of Sherrod, would never see the court at Louisville, and have a better opportunity to develop and show his skills to scouts had he stayed.

How'd that end up working out?

I admit I said he'd suck at Louisville. I apologize. The real question now is how does Luke compete for a** with Petrino on campus?

smccart5

Starter
It really REALLY sucks that everyone except us is winning after coach L left. Other mid majors have gotten much better, Luke is the FF MVP, coach L killed the ACC (and continues to do well)...

We are regressing so quickly. The only thing that gives me hope is that i know a program can turn around very quickly as well. Winning cures all.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It really REALLY sucks that everyone except us is winning after coach L left. Other mid majors have gotten much better, Luke is the FF MVP, coach L killed the ACC (and continues to do well)...

We are regressing so quickly. The only thing that gives me hope is that i know a program can turn around very quickly as well. Winning cures all.

Here smccart5, take a swig of this virtual moonshine as it also helps cure all.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Back in 2006 while in Dayton I rode in the cab of a gypsy woman. We had just beaten Michigan State and were talking to her about our team. I was many drinks in but during that conversation I may have pledged to that woman that I would have intercourse with CAAZone poster ACW if GMU were somehow to make it to the Final Four. As we were dropped off at our hotel she wished us good luck and said she believed we would continue to win.

I'll admit I did not live up to my end of the bargain. While there has been a few high points since that time for our program I think there is a decent chance our team is under the curse of that gypsy cab driver who helped us to the final four but did not get the payback she was promised. Sorry to be the source of so much disappointment for each of you.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Back in 2006 while in Dayton I rode in the cab of a gypsy woman. We had just beaten Michigan State and were talking to her about our team. I was many drinks in but during that conversation I may have pledged to that woman that I would have intercourse with CAAZone poster ACW if GMU were somehow to make it to the Final Four. As we were dropped off at our hotel she wished us good luck and said she believed we would continue to win.

I'll admit I did not live up to my end of the bargain. While there has been a few high points since that time for our program I think there is a decent chance our team is under the curse of that gypsy cab driver who helped us to the final four but did not get the payback she was promised. Sorry to be the source of so much disappointment for each of you.
I think you know what you must do.

smccart5

Starter
We will probably blow off the lack of sex as a non-concern until two years from now when we realize it has destroyed our program