Jon Arledge to ODU

polepino

Starter
You'll have to explain this math you and TomGMU keep using. How is it you're getting three years of development from one year of scholarship?

Ha, that wasn't my point at all, I was actually talking partly hypotheticals. JA did not play last year and JJ made the most of his time due to the lack of JA playing. I was assuming that, based on how JA played down the stretch of the '12-'13 season, we were supposed to have gotten a 'prime time' JA for the '13-'14 season. Since JA ended up not playing the rest of the season this year, JJ was thrust into the spotlight and we saw pretty good results from him. My inital point to Tom was that I believed that, had he not gotten injured and missed out, JA would have helped to keep us from being the a** end of the league. My 'math,' if you will, was basically me stating(based on how things turned out) I'd rather have a good RS Frosh JJ, with three more years of elegibility barring injury and room to get even better than JA having one 'beast' year. If the upswing is that JJ is going to get better then losing JA's one final year wasn't so bad. :monopolyguy:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ha, that wasn't my point at all, I was actually talking partly hypotheticals. JA did not play last year and JJ made the most of his time due to the lack of JA playing. I was assuming that, based on how JA played down the stretch of the '12-'13 season, we were supposed to have gotten a 'prime time' JA for the '13-'14 season. Since JA ended up not playing the rest of the season this year, JJ was thrust into the spotlight and we saw pretty good results from him. My inital point to Tom was that I believed that, had he not gotten injured and missed out, JA would have helped to keep us from being the a** end of the league. My 'math,' if you will, was basically me stating(based on how things turned out) I'd rather have a good RS Frosh JJ, with three more years of elegibility barring injury and room to get even better than JA having one 'beast' year. If the upswing is that JJ is going to get better then losing JA's one final year wasn't so bad. :monopolyguy:

Jenkins played 15 minutes in the first game of the season and became a fixture in the lineup by game 8. I would argue that it was JW and Marko's struggles with consistency and Copes suspension more than The absence of JA that gave Jenkins an opportunity for playing time (along with his own high work ethic and success with the minutes he was given).

I personally think had JA been able to play last season, by game 10 he would have been starting alongside Jenkins not in place of him.

Last edited: