Insane finish & win for ODU, now in NIT semis

Herndon

All-Conference
Herndon, you're getting getting all of Hewitt's busts mixed up. Okoloji transferred from Seton Hall, Royal came from GT. Try to keep up, man!

[Disclaimer: I'm stubborn to a fault, so i'm hoping our new coach can try to salvage something with Royal. He just seems too athletic and skilled to not be better than he is. #wishfulthinking]
D'OH! You're exactly right. NEVERTHELESS, I give him a pass on Copes.

wijg

Starter
They better be good next season when they have seven seniors, because in two years they could be in serious trouble unless Lonegran pulls some more transfers/JUCOs out of his a**.
I hear Jeff Jones could help in that area as well.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, sort of, that's what I'm doing. Like, I actually give Hewitt a pass on Copes. I mean, how was he to know he was going to end up sucking? Everybody but everybody thought getting Copes was a huge coup when he landed him. (or, at least I sure did)

If copes were the major issue with Hewitt, I wouldn't have been in favor of letting him go. (Okoloji not so much, because he had him at GT, so he knew what kind of player he was).

I think every "bust" or "mediocre" player or "bad defender" we've had in the last four years needs to be reassessed given the Hewitt curve, even Okoloji.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I personally think Royal was hampered by his injury, and inept coaching to really show what he could do. I'm hopeful he can do something right with a new coach and if he finally gets healthy.

I agree, the things that stood out to me with Royal were his poor shooting and constantly bobbling passes/turnovers, which could be directly related to his hand injury. This only begs the question - why was he playing if he couldn't catch the ball and shoot?!

It seems Hewitt, more so than any other coach I watched, had injured players play when they are not completely healed. Look at Moore's recurring issues.

I am also cautiously optimistic that Royal can be a contributor next year, he has excellent athleticism for his size. Hope he works his tail off this summer and gets that senior bump players often have when they realize it is their last year (along with Holloway hopefully).

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Royal looked like he knew what he was doing. He had a very good defensive game at GW, and he had some nice offensive moves from time to time where he did everything right except making the shot. Hopefully that was just rust, and if he can stay healthy this offseason, we will see some of that promise realized. His execution was lacking, but to me, he looked like a smart player most of the time.

Is your mom hot???

And a goer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less so now, being dead for 11 years.

The doctors say her liver just gave out from having 10-12 gin and tonics a night, but I know the truth.

Well, actually that is probably true, but I know what drove her to drink in the first place.

Well, actually probably my dad. Or me. Mostly.

But Jones didn't help things is all I'm saying.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Royal looked like he knew what he was doing. He had a very good defensive game at GW, and he had some nice offensive moves from time to time where he did everything right except making the shot. Hopefully that was just rust, and if he can stay healthy this offseason, we will see some of that promise realized. His execution was lacking, but to me, he looked like a smart player most of the time.

Do you mean GT? Copes went to GW, Royal went to GT.