Groupon for St. Joe's game on Jan 11th

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The fact that a ticket to a G Mas basketball game is $20+ is a joke in itself.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
PMP what are you complaining about? I think paying people $20 to come to one of our games is about right to get some people to show up.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
:disappointment:

Here's a question I've been wondering about, PMP: Why do you insist on constantly abbreviating our school's name G Mas on this site?

Not like it pisses me off or anything, just curious.

Same reason he always spells Sherrod's name wrong. Just to see whose feathers he can ruffle. ;)

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Here's a question I've been wondering about, PMP: Why do you insist on constantly abbreviating our school's name G Mas on this site?

Same reason he constantly says "Bro" and uses double-finger guns & a wink when he talks to people.

Last edited:
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
PMP what are you complaining about? I think paying people $20 to come to one of our games is about right to get some people to show up.

$20 + whatever fee. Granted I don't pay for my seats, but it seems a little excessive to me.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator

lol. I usually see it as "G Mas" on the crawl.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Same reason he always spells Sherrod's name wrong. Just to see whose feathers he can ruffle. ;)

Now come on Tom. At least I didn't state Sherrod (sorry about incorrect spelling in past post) could/should average 25 ppg. ;-)

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Now come on Tom. At least I didn't state Sherrod (sorry about incorrect spelling in past post) could/should average 25 ppg. ;-)

PMP, I said Sherrod had the talent to average 25 points, and I stand behind that. Hell, he had 25 on an off shooting night against Old Dominion Saturday. Sherrod's problem is mental, meaning that he disappears for too long of stretches. And I'm not talking about his five-game slump, but more so about games in which he'll score 16 in the first half and then none in the second (or vice versa).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
PMP, I said Sherrod had the talent to average 25 points, and I stand behind that. Hell, he had 25 on an off shooting night against Old Dominion Saturday. Sherrod's problem is mental, meaning that he disappears for too long of stretches. And I'm not talking about his five-game slump, but more so about games in which he'll score 16 in the first half and then none in the second (or vice versa).

I just don't see the talent, but that's cool. I guess if he took 30 shots a game he could def challenge 25 PPG. Of course, it wouldn't be very efficient. And I agree he has a mental problem, he just isn't tough enough in that area.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I just don't see the talent, but that's cool.

He's definitely regressed this year, which is odd given all of the freedom he has in Hewitt's open offense. I thought he could have easily raised his average from 16+ last season to 20+ this season, but that surely hasn't been the case.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
He's definitely regressed this year, which is odd given all of the freedom he has in Hewitt's open offense. I thought he could have easily raised his average from 16+ last season to 20+ this season, but that surely hasn't been the case.

I just don't think he does very well in the spotlight. I remember Hewitt saying in interviews how he had to talk to Sherrod about being a leader and all that. Never really sounded like Sherrod wanted to be the leader. And now his face is in every Metro stop and on the back of every bus in Northern Virginia. I'm just speculating here but he doesn't strike me as having the fiery personality of a guy who is going to drop 30 points on you because you made him mad. He's a good player who wants to get his 16 points behind the scenes, so you look up at the scoreboard and go "holy crap Sherrod's got 12 already in the first half."