GMU: Where Construction is Tradition

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was at Mason when the old farts whined about the video board being too bright on Braddock. If I end up yelling at cloud, I hope the kids put me in the curmudgeon village.

1634644764394.png

gmubrian

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I saw the zoom meeting and in the master plan they said they would build a rec center where the old student apartments were. The presentation focused a lot on trying make campus less commuterish and more lively, they also said they were gonna knock down the 4 original buildings so that it would create like a quad or lawn
Does anyone else find it ironic that you are knocking down 4 buildings to build a quad?

Nisquith99

Four-star Recruit
Does anyone else find it ironic that you are knocking down 4 buildings to build a quad?
Also I saw on one of the master plans that they want to tear down David King hall and build a new one that is more aligned with the newer part of Planetary and tear down the old front part of Planetary to make that green space wider

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So looks like the RAC addition is still in the works. Surprised it is still in the “must be approved” stage since it was announced years ago.

Not 100% sure if this just hasn't been removed from the project list or what the plan is. If I recall I think there was evaluation going on in regards to whether to add onto EBA or do the RAC addition. I think the master plan was supposed to help decide.

I haven't spoken to anyone in a while on the topic but if I do, I'll definitely bring it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonNole90

Recent Tweets