Gameday traditions?

GMU What

Four-star Recruit
Now that we're in the A-10, is there something the team or the fans/students can do to improve the overall gameday experience? I feel as if there is some way to step it up a bit.....although we already have the green machine so i can't really complain. it always bugged me that i was surrounded by vcu fans who had traveled here during the last matchup a couple of years ago and had louder, more clever (albeit more obnoxious)chants and songs than our own student section

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes, get the student base and Platoon to think of Chants and Cheers and actually make up a Chant email or booklet to pass out to students around Mason. The time is now to educate these students and get these students on the same page. Gamedays is where these students "practice" these BBall chants and cheers.

Get the platoon on this

OP
GMU What

GMU What

Four-star Recruit
Yes, get the student base and Platoon to think of Chants and Cheers and actually make up a Chant email or booklet to pass out to students around Mason. The time is now to educate these students and get these students on the same page. Gamedays is where these students "practice" these BBall chants and cheers.

Get the platoon on this
couldn't agree more, i wish there was a way to contact the Platoon

psyclone

Hall of Famer
It was a terrific student turnout. The Hoopla promotion was highly successful. The question is---will the students come back in force when there isn't that type of promotion?

Scythe

Starter
It was a terrific student turnout. The Hoopla promotion was highly successful. The question is---will the students come back in force when there isn't that type of promotion?

Hopefully. In theory you'd think a free basketball game would be enticing for "poor" college kids that are trying not to study.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think it would be awesome to have school sponsored themes for certain games. These would mainly be fore students but some of these, general fans and alumni could partake in.

Possible Examples:
Costume Night: where everyone dresses in different costumes
Rave Night: Everyone dresses with high lighter jank, glow sticks, etc. Blast techno on the speakers.
Patriot Night: Everyone wears Red, White and Blue. players have special armed forces uni's.
Christmas Night: Ugly Sweaters, Red and Green colors, Green machine plays chrismas jingles
Beach night: Hawaiin shirts, bathing suits, sunglasses, beach balls
80's night
Black or White out game

I think having themes would be something for students to look forward to and give a different atmosphere from game to game and giving an incentive to want to go.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Its gotta be more effective than a themed night. The tradition should be to make life a living hell for opposing teams while at the same time having the rest of the fans enjoy the torture.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Here is a tradition unlike any other- have the Platoon sit in section 108 to make "life a living hell for opposing teams in the 2nd half". It amazes me that when the visiting team is shooting free throws in the 2nd half, all the students are yelling and screaming...........95 feet BEHIND the foul shooter.

OP
GMU What

GMU What

Four-star Recruit
Here is a tradition unlike any other- have the Platoon sit in section 108 to make "life a living hell for opposing teams in the 2nd half". It amazes me that when the visiting team is shooting free throws in the 2nd half, all the students are yelling and screaming...........95 feet BEHIND the foul shooter.
I don't know what the Pat Center policy is but it'd be great to see the crazy visual distractions that other student sections around the country come up with. even a coordinated movement of some kind is all you need. We just need some simple ideas to try out.....since i've graduated, i've noticed there are less creative cheers from the student section. hearing "Let's GO Mason" and "Defense" every single possession does get tiresome.