Game 5: gmu (2-2) at paradise jam vs Belmont (1-3) on Saturday November 19th 545pm

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If I get a chance I’ll update, otherwise someone else can throw info in here.

Attachments

• CKEvsAU-sm.jpg
    CKEvsAU-sm.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7,218

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Instead of watching the game I am going to church during the first half - totally disgusted from last night so I and will pick the game up on the radio and listen as much as I can - what the heck were they doing last night? Heck Oduro calls KE - Kim - that is a problem!!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Instead of watching the game I am going to church during the first half - totally disgusted from last night so I and will pick the game up on the radio and listen as much as I can - what the heck were they doing last night? Heck Oduro calls KE - Kim - that is a problem!!
REALLY!! Let's see, John (Wooden), Dean (Smith), Mike (Kryshevski, sp), Jim (Calhoun), John (Thompson). Nope. That is very telling. I don't like that AT ALL.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Doesn't feel right giving a Belmont preview without Bob but here we go.

Belmont lost a lot of their good players last year and has struggled to start the year. They are 1-3 with losses to Furman, Lipscomb and Tarleton St. I said that only 3 teams in this tourney were worth playing and Belmont was not one of them as they will be bad this year. They should finish higher than Tarleton St who they just beat but not by much.

Ben Sheppard is their 1st, 2nd and 3rd best player and leads the team in pts, rebs and assists. I would call him a ball dominant off guard if that makes any sense and Coop/Bailey should get the assignment. He does turn the ball over almost 4 times per game. Cade Tyson is a decent small forward that can shoot and attack the rim (ticket). Gillespie is their 3rd option and he shoots 14% from 3 and turns the ball over 3 times a game.

They have 0/Zero,none,zilch big men that should be able to stop even a pre pubescents Oduro that we have seen this year so far. If he doesn't bounce back today I am SERIOUSLY concerned he will be shitty all year like he has been in the two games vs a team that isn't American. I expect Josh/Ginika,/Henry to be able to do whatever they want today and don't think Josh will be horrible all year like he has been.

Would love to see Dinkins start today as Ronnie put one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen last game, giving up personally more points at the rim than minutes he played.

Mason by 8 in a game way closer than it should be

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I would start Henry just to send a message today. He's one of the only ones consistently playing with energy so far. And if the wheels fall off today or this season, just throw the young guys out there.
Yeah no disagreement. I'd like to see

Dinkins, Singleton, Fernandez, Ojiako, Henry

Start them today and have them play the first 2-3 minutes. See what happens. If the wheels come off (and they could) , then sub quick but some sort of message needs to be sent.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ken Pom:
GMU - 96
Belmont - 142

Belmont men’s basketball has become synonymous with sustained excellence. Belmont, Gonzaga, Kansas and San Diego State are the only NCAA Division I programs to win 19 or more games 17 consecutive seasons. However, the Bruins lost seven of their eight top scorers from last year including Grayson Murphy and Nick Muszynski. Senior and returning leading scorer Ben Sheppard is back, he averaged 16.2 ppg last year. Returning upperclassmen EJ Bellinger, Even Brauns, Frank Jakubicek, Derek Sabin and Michael Shanks are expected to see increased roles. Belmont also welcomes nine newcomers, including Keishawn Davidson, a three-year starter at point guard at Tennessee Tech, and Drew Friberg, a graduate transfer from Princeton. Redshirt freshman Isaiah Walker and six true freshmen will also compete for playing time.

This year also marks Belmont’s first year as member of the Missouri Valley Conference. They were picked 6th in Missouri Valley preseason polls.

We are 0 - 1 against the Bruins all time.
They are 1-0 at home, 0-2 on the road, and 1-0 at neutral sites.

The Bruins are led by Ben Sheppard (18.3 ppg & 6.7 reb), Cade Tyson (17.0 ppg), Drew Friberg (12.7 ppg), and Ja”kiwi Gillespie (12.0 ppg). 8 different Bruins have stated games so far and all of them average double figure minutes.

The Bruins average 73.0 ppg while giving up 78.3 ppg. As a team they shoot 47.0% from the field and 32.0% from 3. Opponents shoot 51.7% overall and 39.6% from 3.

They shoot 51.1% from the charity stripe and average 12.0 turnovers per game. They have been out rebounded opponents by 8.0 boards per game.

The game is on ESPN 3.