Game 31: GMU (18-12 / 10-7) at Richmond (14-16 / 7-10) on Saturday, March 4, at 12:30 PM.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
DSC_4032.jpg

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What a crazy game. March is here.

I missed much of the first half but I have no idea what we were doing on offense in the second half. We stopped moving and the ball didn’t go in which allowed Richmond to crawl back.

That said, when it mattered our offense got a few baskets and holy shit, Ticket knew exactly how to cut off the handoff. That was a high basketball IQ play and one of the better defensive plays Mason has had in recent history.

If that 3 pointer went in, it would have been really heartbreaking. Fortunately it didn’t.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
That's easy. UR got back in the game employing a soft diamond full press for 16 minutes and disrupted Mason's offense.

Mason's seen it now. Now they can work on executing it this week because they will see it in the first game of the tourney.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
That's easy. UR got back in the game employing a soft diamond full press for 16 minutes and disrupted Mason's offense.

Mason's seen it now. Now they can work on executing it this week because they will see it in the first game of the tourney.
Seemed to do a little better with getting across halfcourt after a (long) while. Never really punished their press, but weren't as out of synch as they were when Richmond made their BIG run. I'm guessing the Spiders hadn't shown that press recently and we just didn't prepare for it.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We were chucking 3's when everyone was ice cold.... yet they still tried to make 3's instead of getting it down to Josh or driving hard to get an easier shot around the rim.
I felt like we got intimidated after several drives ended in hard contact at the rim with no foul calls. Needed to keep going down low and force the refs to call something, like Ronny finally did.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Burton got hurt last night at St. Joes. Not sure the extent of his injury but even some UR fans are questioning his availability. https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/gmu-game-thread-we-win-at-home.14381/

If Burton is out and/or limited then betting the house we Win.

Still don't understand why Richmond and vcu fans try and knock us and call us Gooo Moo ???
Well I’m. Not sure about Richmond but for vcu fans - they were finishing their first semester of phonics and just tried to sound out the letters.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We’ve got one of, if not the best social media team in the A10. These videos are always very well done and I think this might be the best ever. Give that dude a raise and don’t think twice about it.
How do we give them more money like we should to the Mason PEO band to keep this rolling?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How do we give them more money like we should to the Mason PEO band to keep this rolling?
I honestly don’t know, I think it’s paid for through the basketball program so I don’t know if you can earmark a donation beyond that might others on here may know better than me on that. I think a few well written emails to the AD outlining folks enjoyment of these videos certainly couldn’t hurt. Always good to highlight good work to the bosses so they hear it from the fanbase.