Game 29: GMU (18-10 / 7-8) vs Duquesne (17-11 / 7-8) on Saturday, March 2, at 2:00 PM.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Big one today- Mason needs a w and some help to avoid falling into PIG round. the 8/9 round isnt' great either.

Last year, Duquense destroyed us in Pittsburgh. Obviously a totally different team etc, but we really need a win today.
I'm going to continue my "scientific" research to see if the success of the team is tied in any way to how long and how hard I pregame. I'm doing this solely for the good of the team and science in general. I take no pleasure in this! ;) . Leaving now.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm going to continue my "scientific" research to see if the success of the team is tied in any way to how long and how hard I pregame. I'm doing this solely for the good of the team and science in general. I take no pleasure in this! ;) . Leaving now.
The people’s champion! I’ll look for you on the concourse to tell you to drink water

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The people’s champion! I’ll look for you on the concourse to tell you to drink water
The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My outlook is this: Cautiously optimistic. Obviously, everyone at this point knows, that the transfer portal giveth and taketh away. Unfortunately, I'd say we've been on the losing end of it so far. The one thing I've always wanted is more shooting. You can't win at any level anymore without having guys who can knock down open 3s especially from your bench. If that means that you have to give up a little on D at times, so be it.

My view on not pressing is this. We don't have the horses up front to do it. If our guards get beat, we essentially have 2 inside players who will be in constant foul trouble without some protection. Thus, the 1-3-1 at times. The needs for next year are clear. Shooting and size. I think the former is easier to find than the latter, but we'll see how things play out.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My outlook is this: Cautiously optimistic. Obviously, everyone at this point knows, that the transfer portal giveth and taketh away. Unfortunately, I'd say we've been on the losing end of it so far. The one thing I've always wanted is more shooting. You can't win at any level anymore without having guys who can knock down open 3s especially from your bench. If that means that you have to give up a little on D at times, so be it.

My view on not pressing is this. We don't have the horses up front to do it. If our guards get beat, we essentially have 2 inside players who will be in constant foul trouble without some protection. Thus, the 1-3-1 at times. The needs for next year are clear. Shooting and size. I think the former is easier to find than the latter, but we'll see how things play out.
I agree. 3 pt. shooting has been a weakness for years. We just haven't had a guy who could go off and single handedly take over a game the way so many guys have done against us. And I'm sorry, but in spite of what Tony says, Maddox is simply not that guy.

I agree. 3 pt. shooting has been a weakness for years. We just haven't had a guy who could go off and single handedly take over a game the way so many guys have done against us. And I'm sorry, but in spite of what Tony says, Maddox is simply not that guy.

"We haven't had a guy who could go off and single handedly take over a game"

I disagree with this

Keyshawn Hall took over in the road game at Davidson. He destroyed Davidson in the 2nd half of that game. Nobody on Davidson could guard him that game

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"We haven't had a guy who could go off and single handedly take over a game" I disagree with this

Keyshawn Hall took over in the road game at Davidson. He destroyed Davidson in the 2nd half of that game. Nobody on Davidson could guard him that game
True, but my post was about 3 point shooting.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That felt like two bs calls in a row on Mason. Okojie didn’t even touch Rozier on the first and it barely looked like Henry moved on the second.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed, why is that? Coaching, lack of leadership? New group? No go to player? Not enough big men? Not a complete team? The starting 5/6 are talented enough, that's not the issue here.
The go to player needs to learn when/how to pass.