Game 29: GMU (18-10 / 7-8) vs Duquesne (17-11 / 7-8) on Saturday, March 2, at 2:00 PM.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I want more Malik and Ball. I feel like they don’t get the minutes they deserve because Tony Didn’t recruit them

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I want more Malik and Ball. I feel like they don’t get the minutes they deserve because Tony Didn’t recruit them
I got my wish, Ball is getting minutes. Don’t make me regret wanting to see you on the court more lol

hoops10

Sixth Man
no surprise. just a horrible performance all around. Skinn gets a bye, but another performance like this is bad news for him Doesn't matter who they play in the tournament, they are toast. They need 6-8 new players. They have hit the proverbial brick wall. Too bad.

FreeGunston12

All-American
How did we become a team this hard to watch? Seriously some of the worst basketball IQ displayed today.

Injuries aside, we still need a lot of pieces before we are ready to compete.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lots of blame to go around in one of the ugliest performances I’ve seen from us at home in awhile, but I’m wildly disappointed in Tony’s coaching these last few games. No wrinkles, no changes, seems like if we get down there’s nothing left we can do. Also waiting to take that timeout during their run may have cost us the game today. It’s his first year and I get that, but doesn’t seem like a ton of coaching is going on in the sidelines the last few weeks. Need to pick it up. I don’t bother going to Brooklyn, we’re gonna get worked in game 1, what little offense we do has has been scouted to an absolute T and we can’t figure out what to tell our guys what to do to counter it.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Not sure really what has gone on with this team after the loss at home to vcu. Basically this team has imploded besides a few halves of basketball in conference games. Dayton has to be saying wtf losing to us

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My outlook is this: Cautiously optimistic. Obviously, everyone at this point knows, that the transfer portal giveth and taketh away. Unfortunately, I'd say we've been on the losing end of it so far. The one thing I've always wanted is more shooting. You can't win at any level anymore without having guys who can knock down open 3s especially from your bench. If that means that you have to give up a little on D at times, so be it.

My view on not pressing is this. We don't have the horses up front to do it. If our guards get beat, we essentially have 2 inside players who will be in constant foul trouble without some protection. Thus, the 1-3-1 at times. The needs for next year are clear. Shooting and size. I think the former is easier to find than the latter, but we'll see how things play out.
We need shooting and athleticism. 2-4 should be wide open competition next season and I hope we go pull guys out of the portal who are going to compete for starters minutes.