Game 25: GMU (13-11 / 6-5) at Fordham (11-13 / 4-8) on Sunday, February 20, at 2:30PM.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Wow. No bench, Hartwell playing? What did the bench contribute. 2 points, as usual nothing. So when the starters are off, game over. Hopefully KE is working on the portal, because he needs five new A10 quality players next year. Hard to blame the coach when players can't hit shots. It's all about a lack of talent.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe having XJ take 16 of our 51 FG, including FOURT f**kING TEEN of them from 3 is not a winning recipe. We played just like Fordham wanted us to.

XJ should be the last shooting option out of the starting 5.... its head scratching that our coaches keep giving him the green light to shoot at will. LAST RESORT.

Ticket..... take more shots my guy. We need you shooting 10 shots a game. He has the ability to hit mid-jumpers and 3's. Be more aggressive and take some shots kid!

Felt like our bench did nothing today. Hartwell is pretty useless...... can't make 3's, can't defend, gets lost on defense.

Is Henry just an epic bust? Kid doesn't seem to have any offensive moves and composure when with the ball. How in the world was he a Texas player of the year!?

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This was a horrible loss and English’s worst coaching job yet: terrible use of timeouts; bizarre substitutions (Frazier at center?); and not running more plays to get Ticket, Cooper and Schwartz involved (17 combined points on only 17 combined shots isn’t going to cut it).

They dared XJ to beat us — yes, he shot ok —but Kim never adjusted to take advantage of it other than letting him jack up 14 threes. Not a great recipe for success on our end, but it definitely worked for Fordham’s coach because it made us stagnant offensively.

I am a huge Kim English fan. The reality is he’s a rookie head coach going through a learning curve, and he had very little time to mold this roster. After he’s able to add more of his own players and learn better how to manage a game, the A10 better watch out. Until then, we’ll have some head-scratching losses like this.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow. No bench, Hartwell playing? What did the bench contribute. 2 points, as usual nothing. So when the starters are off, game over. Hopefully KE is working on the portal, because he needs five new A10 quality players next year. Hard to blame the coach when players can't hit shots. It's all about a lack of talent.

Spot on. We have 0 bench. KE needs to recruit 4-5 A10 quality transfers to fill out a bench.

We have too much inconsistent outside shooting from the starting 5 night in and night out. We have no clue if Coop, Schwartz, or Gaines will be on at all which is the biggest mystery and gamble of our offense.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How many games this year have we lost on our last possession?

How many games have we had the chance to win on a last possession and we turned the ball over and lost?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I think you could literally go though our roster and make a case for each player costing us this game. Nobody played well. The bench was bad, the starters were bad, the coaching was bad. It just sucked having to sit and watch that.

We are Fordham’s bitches… luckily they only have about 10 fans to gloat about it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I obviously have a ton of thoughts but I’ll try to keep this from being a really long ramble.

- Fordham wanted a dog fight and got one. They were physical on defense with just about everyone and like others said dared XJ to beat us. They denied the ball to Josh and when he had it, he was either doubled or defended to make him think and hesitate.

-once again we are seeing our choppy first season at work. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and this won’t be built up overnight. My hope is that by the end of next season we start to see the pieces really molding together.

-Our bench is super limited between Frazier, Henry, Hartwell etc. It’s a dead horse but when we can’t even get a few minutes it’s not a good thing.

-This may have been the same crew I saw in 2018 who also let Fordham get away with physicality. The gray haired ref looked familiar.

-Fordham was on Schwartz and Gaines like white on rice. They denied them the ball a lot no matter what the play and they let the frustration get to them a bit. Also the final play I’m pretty sure Schwartz thought he was fouled on the rebound as English was heated and wanted to go after the ref but was pulled back to shake hands. Also Josh was frustrated and slammed the ball down.

-Much like last time the bench and staff are engaged and enthusiastic. Even Gray and Gadsden were cheering loudly.

I try to stay as positive and realistic as possible, but it’s still very frustrating to have losses like this. Year 1 gets a pass, but going forward they have to find a way to win games like this. It doesn’t get easier with vcu playing great ball, and GW who also is playing well up around the corner. Seeding also took a major hit as well as this was a good chance to stay above a few teams.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Shades of our game vs ODU--ugly low-scoring game; Josh with lots of turnovers.

Ohams is a beast underneath...game mvp.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think you could literally go though our roster and make a case for each player costing us this game. Nobody played well. The bench was bad, the starters were bad, the coaching was bad. It just sucked having to sit and watch that.

We are Fordham’s bitches… luckily they only have about 10 fans to gloat about it.
The only guy who showed up was X. He literally backpacked the team on both ends and we would’ve lost by double figures without him. The rest of the team was MIA.