Game 25: GMU (13-11 / 5-6) at Duquesne (15-8 / 5-5) on Wednesday, February 8, at 7:00 PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Sessoms or Singleton? And we went with Singleton? Gotcha. Sessoms is averaging 21pts and 4.8 assists on a shitty team. 4.9 assets per gm is top 50 in the country. If having a PG that can do that in A10 doesn't fit KE system then please educate me.

Rudi Williams was the guy that wanted volume.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Sessoms or Singleton? And we went with Singleton? Gotcha. Sessoms is averaging 21pts and 4.8 assists on a shitty team. 4.9 assets per gm is top 50 in the country. If having a PG that can do that in A10 doesn't fit KE system then please educate me.

Rudi Williams was the guy that wanted volume.
Sessoms is a giant ballhog and that’s only one of the reasons he didn’t fit at Mason.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish XJ was still here. I'm guessing KE thought he would land someone better but he didn't. This is a big reason we suck. We are forcing shooters to help bring the ball up. Had KE kept XJ, we have at minimum, 5 more wins, imo.
It’s kinda a problem when KE’s best players are DP’s holdovers.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Funny that CKE’s first mistake was valuing Josh over Miller and Kolek. Made sense at the time, but was clearly the wrong move.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sessoms is a giant ballhog and that’s only one of the reasons he didn’t fit at Mason.
I dunno - I don't think Sessoms was a giant ball hog at Penn State, when he had better players surrounding him than at Coppin. As pointed out, he does have 4.9 assists a game this year.

I question whether Mason backed off of Sessoms or he simply chose Coppin over Mason. Pretty sure Mason made his final 3 and he indicated that GMU ended up his number 2 choice after he went with Coppin. Seems weird that he was that close to picking Mason if English and company had backed off.

IMO, if English did back off, that was foolish. I'd love to have a redo with Sessoms on this team. What do I know though? I thought they'd be pretty good without him.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I dunno - I don't think Sessoms was a giant ball hog at Penn State, when he had better players surrounding him than at Coppin. As pointed out, he does have 4.9 assists a game this year.

I question whether Mason backed off of Sessoms or he simply chose Coppin over Mason. Pretty sure Mason made his final 3 and he indicated that GMU ended up his number 2 choice after he went with Coppin. Seems weird that he was that close to picking Mason if English and company had backed off.

IMO, if English did back off, that was foolish. I'd love to have a redo with Sessoms on this team. What do I know though? I thought they'd be pretty good without him.
Maybe ball-dominant is more accurate in this case than ball-hog. Regardless, our offense currently is not PG-centric — as we’ve seen it repeatedly bog down when the ball doesn’t move — and at Coppin, Sessoms has the ball in his hands about 90% of the time.

That was the point I was trying to make, however poorly it was explained lol.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Funny that CKE’s first mistake was valuing Josh over Miller and Kolek. Made sense at the time, but was clearly the wrong move.
99.99999% sure that Miller and Kolek were already gone by the time CKE was hired, and possibly already gone by the time DP was fired. Josh was probably the only player who would/could have transferred up successfully but hadn't done so yet, so CKE targeted him to stay.