Game 24: Richmond, Saturday, February 14th, 4 PM, MASN

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think the weather had a significant affect on the turnout (I blame our shitty record and Valentine's Day), but I've never seen more bizarre conditions than after the game yesterday. It went from flurries on the way out of the Patriot Center to near-Blizzard conditions by the time we hit the Fairfax County Parkway going north.

The temperature dropped from 32 degrees to 28 in that span, and the road was covered with snow within minutes. All of the street lights went out on the Parkway, and you literally couldn't see the lines on the road or 10 feet in from of your car. Very scary, to say the least.
I cleared the parkway while the lights were still working. I guess I should be thankful. It was bad enough with working streetlights! :eek:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I cleared the parkway while the lights were still working. I guess I should be thankful. It was bad enough with working streetlights! :eek:

Yeah, it was really strange, because the street lights all went out but the traffic lights fortunately kept working.

G M U

Starter
Best Teams According to Ken Pom by Wins:

26- #6 Gonzaga

25- #1 Kentucky

24- #59 Valparaiso (only team that currently has 24 wins)

23- #2 Virginia

22- #8 Duke

21- #3 Arizona

20- #12 Louisville

19- #4 Utah

18- #11 Baylor

17- #10 Oklahoma

16- #21 Georgetown

15- #43 NC State

14- #47 Vanderbilt

13- #71 Richmond

12- #35 Florida

11- #81 Georgia Tech

10- #145 San Francisco

9- #139 Boston College

8- #200 George Mason

7- #201 Missouri

6- #241 Fordham

5- #316 Marist

4- #310 Niagara

3- #343 UMBC

2- #348 San Jose State

1- #349 Central Arkansas

...at least we're excelling at mediocrity

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't quite understand KenPom's list -- are we the best 8-win team in the country (of all the crappy teams who have 8 wins so far this season, we are the best of the crap pile)? Is that what it means?