Game 22: GMU (12-9 / 4-4) vs St. Joe’s (9-11 / 3-5) on Sunday, January 29, at Noon.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
The team does not look prepared and they look like they are over thinking everything.

Polite with 3 missed foul shots and a missed layup at the end.
Oduro with a missed layup.
Cooper, Fernandez and Bailey all missed wide open 3s.
Agree. The team looked confused and unsure of themselves every time they took possession of the ball during the final two minutes.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not good. I got nothing at the moment.

But we deserve a lot better than this garbage.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Players that aren't very good, and a coach that's looking more and more like all saddle and no horse.
Like you guys, I am disgusted.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
It is getting very hard to watch this team with the continuation of missed FTs and turnovers. Plus, I get nauseous every time I see one of our former recruit targets torch us -- this time Erik Reynolds. The one positive thing I can say is I really like watching Fernandez play.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sadly we might have to be more patient with English than we’d like. Sure the old guys have been awful but we finally have a guy who gives us a prayer getting the quality of talent needed to go up against the a10 coaches.

Not saying time isn’t ticking, it is. Not saying that will save us. It won’t.

But we might just have to be more patient with our high risk high reward hire.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sadly we might have to be more patient with English than we’d like. Sure the old guys have been awful but we finally have a guy who gives us a prayer getting the quality of talent needed to go up against the a10 coaches.

I hope you're right.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope you're right.
I mean I was wrong that Singleton was the potential answer and said I’d have my pitchfork for that. And I do. That was a really bad choice.

I also thought Dave would figure things out and he never did.

So I’m by far not always right. Just hoping I have a prayer to be right on this one.

It's been mentioned before, but c'mon coach. Why do we end every game looking lost trying to get the ball in play? Seems like every time we have to get the ball in with seconds to play, we go five wide and the 2 players supposed to get open, don't. And then we get Polite trying to serve up a jam from the scorer's table to cost us the game.

On the odd chance we do get the ball in, we never (and I mean NEVER) seem to look like we are running a choreographed play. It's always just a mad scramble. Today at least one of our shooters got the shot, most of the time it's Oduro out at the top of the key.

I'd really like to give KE the benefit of the doubt, but I've always heard that the way a team either plays or chokes at the end of the game is purely the result of coaching. If that old adage is true, he's in need of some refection.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's been mentioned before, but c'mon coach. Why do we end every game looking lost trying to get the ball in play? Seems like every time we have to get the ball in with seconds to play, we go five wide and the 2 players supposed to get open, don't. And then we get Polite trying to serve up a jam from the scorer's table to cost us the game.

On the odd chance we do get the ball in, we never (and I mean NEVER) seem to look like we are running a choreographed play. It's always just a mad scramble. Today at least one of our shooters got the shot, most of the time it's Oduro out at the top of the key.

I'd really like to give KE the benefit of the doubt, but I've always heard that the way a team either plays or chokes at the end of the game is purely the result of coaching. If that old adage is true, he's in need of some refection.
Yeah - priority #1 has to be to successfully inbound the ball.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Also, very frustrating that GMU is last in free three shooting in A-10 and it ain't close. St. Joe's at 14 with 68% and GMU last at 63%. Certainly one of the things that cost GMU today.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Do we have a new AD yet?

Is our coaching staff "together" ?

Might need to fire some assistants. Or maybe one leaves on his own.

For the team to suck this bad....I believe it starts at the top.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I’m willing to give him 4 years, but no extensions…But who knows how much patience a new AD will have with someone he didn’t hire.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m willing to give him 4 years, but no extensions…But who knows how much patience a new AD will have with someone he didn’t hire.
That’s standard and fair. I just don’t know if it will be enough time.

And it’s not like he deserves more time either.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
President Greg will have a say in KE's future regardless of who the new AD is.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
6 games lost by four points or less. Attribute most of this to poor defense. It's obvious, how many open shots did SJ have? Coaching is an issue. And what about the turnovers down the stretch. Just a very mediocre team going nowhere.
I'd point to our free throw shooting. We're something like #330 in the country, and we're particularly bad at 1 and 1s -- shooting a very tepid 40%!

hoops10

Sixth Man
Looks like our coach gets out coached in the last five minutes. The SJ coach said let's make sure Oduro doesn't beat us, so keep him out of the play, double down, front and back, let their shooters beat us. Sure enough Fernandez, Bailey and I think Cooper all miss. Maybe I am missing something but I see no set plays from us , together with missed key free throws and horrendous cross court passes. Just schoolyard stuff. It's very disappointing.