Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 3-3) at Rhode Island (6-12 / 2-4) on Saturday, January 21, at Noon.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wish that I could be more optimistic about Dinkins replacing Polite at point guard. Ronnie had 8 assists in the game and was a +16 (Josh with 24 pts in 26 min was a +14). Dinkins was a -9 with 1 assist in 10 min to go with his 7 pts.

Granted, Devin was mostly in with the subs (all of whom had negative +/-, except Malik's +1). That no doubt suppressed his numbers some. Still, Ronnie is key to our offense, even though he doesn't appear to be at 100%.
I think you answered your own concern. Single game +/- is fun and interesting but I wouldn't put nearly that much stock in it. Dink played most of his minutes with the opposite of the death lineup (the suicide lineup?) and his +/- reflects that. Nothing wrong with trusting your eyes. His shotfake/midrange jumper was a pants-tightening moment.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I think you answered your own concern. Single game +/- is fun and interesting but I wouldn't put nearly that much stock in it. Dink played most of his minutes with the opposite of the death lineup (the suicide lineup?) and his +/- reflects that. Nothing wrong with trusting your eyes. His shotfake/midrange jumper was a pants-tightening moment.
Good point. I'd like to be optimistic and in the long run I think he may be a good one. I just worry that we may revert to losing to the likes of the teams we played in the Paradise Jam when RP was unavailable.

We'll certainly need him to be at his best to be able to compete with vcu this coming week. Fingers crossed!