Game 2 - AT Lamar, Nov 12th, 8 PM, No TV

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Don Mattingly's kid Preston lights Mason up for 23 after going scoreless in 9 minutes in his D1 debut. GMU loses.

JBiggs

Starter
I want to see 3 things in this game:

1. Pat Holloway with at least 7 shot attempts.
2. 20+ minutes for Jalen Jenkins.
3. Marquise Moore.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

JBiggs

Starter
Check our their roster: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals.

Sebastian Norman is their only big man at 6-9, and he only played 9 minutes against Butler with nearly a goose egg in the box score. The rest of the roster is 6-6 and below (only one guy at 6-6). The starting frontcourt players against Butler, Rhon Mitchell, Amos Wilson, and Donovan Ross are all 6-5. Despite his size, Donovan Ross put up some impressive numbers, though. 9-11 from the field for 18 points and 7 boards in 28 minutes. Box score: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400503862.

With the size advantage we'll have up front, I would hope our bigs get a lot of touches. Arledge will basically be playing against a guard, size-wise, so he should make up for his poor performance on Friday.

Bricker

Starter
Ok, I'll bite.

Mason 71
Lamar 64

But...

Arledge disappoints again with just one field goal against another team with virtually no frontcourt presence.
Johnny plays just 11 minutes.
PH goes 3-4 from three.
Marko scores 15 and shoots 100% from the charity stripe. He breaks out an even uglier pair of sneakers for the season's first away game.
WGMU radio feed breaks midway through the second half with the score tied at 54.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Check our their roster: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals.

Sebastian Norman is their only big man at 6-9, and he only played 9 minutes against Butler with nearly a goose egg in the box score. The rest of the roster is 6-6 and below (only one guy at 6-6). The starting frontcourt players against Butler, Rhon Mitchell, Amos Wilson, and Donovan Ross are all 6-5. Despite his size, Donovan Ross put up some impressive numbers, though. 9-11 from the field for 18 points and 7 boards in 28 minutes. Box score: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400503862.

With the size advantage we'll have up front, I would hope our bigs get a lot of touches. Arledge will basically be playing against a guard, size-wise, so he should make up for his poor performance on Friday.

Good find. Seems like this game depends on their style of play - if they're just undersized and they play half-court I like our chances. If they play small-ball things could get ugly.

I like our small-ball lineup as I've constructed it in my head. One of Marko or Arledge and Bryon, Sherrod, Holloway and Vaughn Gray would be a dangerous combination. But that lineup would turn the ball over and get murdered with the way we leave shooters open. If it's Arledge, a smart team will run his guy around the perimeter to take him away from the basket. Since we have trouble keeping guards out of the paint, a layup line would ensue. If it's Marko we'll have trouble defending the paint at all. I think either lineup scores at a pretty good clip but the defensive shortcomings are terrifying. Maybe I'm overreacting to the first game, but it looks like disciplined offenses will torch us again.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good find. Seems like this game depends on their style of play - if they're just undersized and they play half-court I like our chances. If they play small-ball things could get ugly.

I like our small-ball lineup as I've constructed it in my head. One of Marko or Arledge and Bryon, Sherrod, Holloway and Vaughn Gray would be a dangerous combination. But that lineup would turn the ball over and get murdered with the way we leave shooters open. If it's Arledge, a smart team will run his guy around the perimeter to take him away from the basket. Since we have trouble keeping guards out of the paint, a layup line would ensue. If it's Marko we'll have trouble defending the paint at all. I think either lineup scores at a pretty good clip but the defensive shortcomings are terrifying. Maybe I'm overreacting to the first game, but it looks like disciplined offenses will torch us again.

I actually think our defense is more disciplined than last years. After the first 8 minutes - the defense started clamping down and then in the second half really did not leave threes wide open except two.