Game 17, UMass, Jan 15th, 7 PM, MASN

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Chaz Williams vs. Mason:

1/4/10 (Patriot Center) Mason 67-Hofstra 63:
20 points (8-9 FG's, 3-3 3-pt. FG's, & 1-1 FT's), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 6 turnovers, 1 blocked shot, & 4 steals in 36 minutes.

1/19/10 (at Hofstra) Mason 90-Hofstra 72:
20 points (8-13 FG's, 4-5 3-pt. FG's, & 0-1 FT's), 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers, & 2 steals in 30 minutes.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Chazz Michael Michaels doesn't frighten me. Doc Nix leads the revolution tonight. We win by 6. Boom.
Chazz_Michael_Michaels_by_swarley89.jpg

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Chaz is anywhere close to 100 percent and plays his usual minutes, we have zero chance.

If he's hampered and Kellogg limits his minutes to avoid further injury, which would be the smart thing to do, I'd make it pretty much a pick-em game.

Chaz means so much to their team. Everybody else is just that much more effective because the defense has to pay so much attention to him.

The only thing that gives me hope this game will be close is the low line. I'd like to hear how Jollay is reading it, but I can't figure out how the #16 team in the country is only give a handful of points to a team that has not played great at home. I would imagine bettors across the country are slobbering over UMass today.

Tough to read, especially with Chaz. I'm gonna wait till the last minute.

UMass has not exactly been slaughtering teams on the road. Will take Mason if it's plus six or more, definitely. If not leaning toward UMass.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason 80
Kellogg's Corn Flakes 78

BA hits a half-court trey at the buzzer. Patriot Center security actively tries to stop the court rush.

JBiggs

Starter
We're hosting the 16th-ranked team in the country tonight, and I don't feel one bit of excitement. It's like I've received a basketball lobotomy. The #HewittEffect

Anyway, I think it will be close throughout since Williams' minutes will be limited (more than likely), but they will hit FTs to pull away at the end.

that email was the biggest crock of shit email I have ever seen. Kudos to Doc Nix, deflect off my poor record, come support us even though we suck, blah, blah blah.

I am officially done with Paul Hewitt.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
We're hosting the 16th-ranked team in the country tonight, and I don't feel one bit of excitement. It's like I've received a basketball
lobotomy. The #HewittEffect.

The apathy I've been speaking about...

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
that email was the biggest crock of shit email I have ever seen. Kudos to Doc Nix, deflect off my poor record, come support us
even though we suck, blah, blah blah

I am officially done with Paul Hewitt.

I doubt he had any idea of this lame email. G Mas PR takes the hit on this
one.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Funny, but winning programs don't have to guilt their fans into "supporting their team" via Twitter or e-mail.

If TOC doesn't want to hear our fans chanting "Larranaga" or "Go home Hewitt," he's gonna have to do more than bitch about it on Twitter. Try putting a competent product on the floor, champ.

I agree with P8 that this entire effort is BS, and I also agree with PMP that Hewitt most likely had no idea about the e-mail sent on his behalf.

We need a win tonight in the worst way.

F

Flexxar

Spectator
I really hope that no one chants or screams anything negative about our coach tonight or ever. I heard a few people doing that last game from across the arena, so I know it was picked up on tv. I cringed because the last time I heard that kind of nonsense, it was coming from vcu fans. Except they were blasting it at everyone else. We blast it at ourselves, which is even worse. That kind of stuff reflects very poorly on our school. If potential recruits, future coach, potential students, etc, hear that they will reconsider bringing their skills to gmu.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Funny, but winning programs don't have to guilt their fans into "supporting their team" via Twitter or e-mail.

If TOC doesn't want to hear our fans chanting "Larranaga" or "Go home Hewitt," he's gonna have to do more than bitch about it on Twitter. Try putting a competent product on the floor, champ.

Jim, I know you can't make it to all the games, but one or two students in the upper part of the arena yelled the comments about Hewitt. I'm not saying fans aren't upset, but it does crack me up how the story has snowballed into "fans chanting."

As for the email, I don't disagree it seemed forced; but I also can't help but notice the hypocrisy of people complaining Hewitt doesn't connect enough with the fan base like Coach L and then bitching when he tries to get fans to come out to a game. Can't have it both ways.

F

Flexxar

Spectator
Jim, I know you can't make it to all the games, but one or two students in the upper part of the arena yelled the comments about Hewitt. I'm not saying fans aren't upset, but it does crack me up how the story has snowballed into "fans chanting."

As for the email, I don't disagree it seemed forced; but I also can't help but notice the hypocrisy of people complaining Hewitt doesn't connect enough with the fan base like Coach L and then bitching when he tries to get fans to come out to a game. Can't have it both ways.

I didn't hear any chants, but I know there were many people yelling at the coach in the last minute of the game.