Game 17: AT George Washington University, Saturday, January 17th, 4:30 PM, NBCSN

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What's he trying to say, that GMU had to take the risk to join the A10? Is he now realizing the present staff he's a part of isn't up to the challenge ? The A10 seems to be working out ok for other GMU teams.

Chris seems like a genuinely nice guy with a passion for basketball, but his next relevant tweet about Mason basketball will be his first. I don't follow him on Twitter to get lame fortune cookie quotes or plugs for Hewitt's basketball camp.

I follow him hoping that he will shed some light on the current state of our program. Just once I would love for one of the coaches (preferably Hewitt) to tweet an apology after a game for how they prepared the team. Show some accountability instead of acting like lame quotes from dead people are going to inspire a dying fan base.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Chris seems like a genuinely nice guy with a passion for basketball, but his next relevant tweet about Mason basketball will be his first. I don't follow him on Twitter to get lame fortune cookie quotes or plugs for Hewitt's basketball camp.

I follow him hoping that he will shed some light on the current state of our program. Just once I would love for one of the coaches (preferably Hewitt) to tweet an apology after a game for how they prepared the team. Show some accountability instead of acting like lame quotes from dead people are going to inspire a dying fan base.

Tom, for the sake of you and your family, I sincerely hope you are not holding your breath waiting for Hewitt (or any of the other coaches) to apologize for the lousy product they've foisted on us.

It's never going to happen.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm pretty sure the target audience of Kreider's twitter account is potential recruits, not us fans.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Looks like Hewitt and staff have adopted the Icarus strategy, that glue should be melting right about now...

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GMUSSTN,

Based on the announced attendance of 2,275 for the exhibition game vs. Shenandoah, I would expect that the number of season tickets is about 2,000. Were you given the actual number?
FWIW, GW has about 900 season ticket holders this season and that's coming off of one of their best seasons ever.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
FWIW, GW has about 900 season ticket holders this season and that's coming off of one of their best seasons ever.

Five Two,

Perhaps, my estimate of 2,000 season tickets this season is too high. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Mason sells (or previously sold) approximately twice as many season tickets as GW.

Based on GMUSSTN's post, it's evident that the trend is for Mason fans to purchase 3-game packages rather than season tickets. Frankly, I don't know why I don't do the same.

Dawgs99

Starter
Watching the Richmond-GW game....at the half they put up the A10 standings and Mason was not even listed on the graphic. Yes its gotten that bad, we don't even make the made for TV standings graphic. Holy F*ck

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching the Richmond-GW game....at the half they put up the A10 standings and Mason was not even listed on the graphic. Yes its gotten that bad, we don't even make the made for TV standings graphic. Holy F*ck

#totallyirrelevant

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Dawgs,

Mason is in a 5-way tie for 9th place, so there must have been a space limitation.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I had thought about making the trek down to the Smith Center for this game, but after the lackluster play of the Mason team, I'm not going to waste my time. If they don't care, then I won't care.

These guys are lucky there are season ticket holders, or they may be playing in front of 500 people. I know I would pass on just about every game the rest of the year except I at least want to have the beer I've prepaid for in the Gold Room. I hate that I feel this way about the team, but at the end of the first half of the St. Bonny game, you could just tell they had given up. And if they are going to give up, so will I.

Yes Hewitt is a problem, but so are the players in their current state. Have some pride gentlemen!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What's he trying to say, that GMU had to take the risk to join the A10? Is he now realizing the present staff he's a part of isn't up to the challenge ? The A10 seems to be working out ok for other GMU teams.

That because the A10 is pretty much a step down at every other sport.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I had thought about making the trek down to the Smith Center for this game, but after the lackluster play of the Mason team, I'm not going to waste my time. If they don't care, then I won't care.

These guys are lucky there are season ticket holders, or they may be playing in front of 500 people. I know I would pass on just about every game the rest of the year except I at least want to have the beer I've prepaid for in the Gold Room. I hate that I feel this way about the team, but at the end of the first half of the St. Bonny game, you could just tell they had given up. And if they are going to give up, so will I.

Yes Hewitt is a problem, but so are the players in their current state. Have some pride gentlemen!

They are infected with a virus. That's like trying to run a marathon when you have the flu.

These poor kids have had the life sucked out of them by the HM1 strand of the Hewittierus Makemefurious virus....and the worst part is there is no cure. You just have to let it run its course.

Tom O'Connor was the host of the virus and acted as the proverbial "Trojan Horse" sneaking him onto campus past our weak defenses.

GMU_Polevaulter

Preferred Walk-On
At this point - I would drop it to a 6 man rotation - play the 5 starters from the bonnie game and ride them the entire game - no subs. Maybe bring Marco in on occasion - maybe even give Royal a shot but that's it on subs.

We jump out on the Bonnies and then "subs" are made and the chemistry is lost and the other team runs. I think in the UMass game Corey was pulled right after he hit his second 3 and you could tell he was feeling it.

Ride the starting 5 - we may not win anymore games but I think it gives us a better chance to win and at least be competitive throughout. We would not be the first team to play a short rotation and for the most part they all seem to be playing hard.

Things break down quickly once we sub - the "others" are not playing D, standing around and killing any chance to win with quick off balance shots.