Game 17: AT George Washington University, Saturday, January 17th, 4:30 PM, NBCSN

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Winning with a coach you don't "like" as much is more fun than losing a ton with a coach you love.

I remember people expressing concern when Pearson and Larranaga used to scream at each other during games for one reason or another.

Well, I'll gladly take that competitiveness and passion for the game every day and twice on Sundays compared to this bullsh!t "players coach" nonsense we have now.

I know for a fact that many of Larranaga's former players thought he was a massive jerk a lot of the time. For all of his corny yuk-yukking publicly, he's a detail-oriented person who expects his players to do things the right way. He certainly wasn't afraid to jump in a player's grill when necessary to reinforce the message.

One thing no player could ever say is that Larranaga's teams lacked motivation or weren't properly prepared.

The contrast to our program's current lifeless, emotion-less, sloppy and disorganized state is both striking and painful.

There were some legit chemistry issues in the last days of Larranaga but Amen to above.

Normally I'd agree...this is typical Hewitt to steal this one and then get crushed by weaker teams at home.

But...no. Not with our depth chart shrinking.

GW 74, Mason 56

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I remember people expressing concern when Pearson and Larranaga used to scream at each other during games for one reason or another.

Well, I'll gladly take that competitiveness and passion for the game every day and twice on Sundays compared to this bullsh!t "players coach" nonsense we have now.

I know for a fact that many of Larranaga's former players thought he was a massive jerk a lot of the time. For all of his corny yuk-yukking publicly, he's a detail-oriented person who expects his players to do things the right way. He certainly wasn't afraid to jump in a player's grill when necessary to reinforce the message.

One thing no player could ever say is that Larranaga's teams lacked motivation or weren't properly prepared.

The contrast to our program's current lifeless, emotion-less, sloppy and disorganized state is both striking and painful.

Yeah I personally don't care who likes whom. I'm pretty sure anyone will tolerate anyone if we're winning. I've had bosses whom I've loved but didn't really work hard for because I didn't think anything was expected. I've also had bosses who were hard asses and annoying a lot of the time, but at least I knew what was expected of me and when. I look back on those people and am really proud of what I accomplished working under them. Looking for the same dynamic with this team.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I cannot find a single reason to be optimistic about this. We struggle to get out of the 40's while GW does not.

79-51

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Battle of the Orange Line.....

Let's hope the Metro breaks down again and the game can be postponed until we get a new coach.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Adding to that, my sources (real, in-the-organization sources) did confirm to me that season tickets are way down and I can't imagine they would be expecting that to turn around with another year of Blewitt. I was told this in December and it's only gotten worse since then, so people involved with the team must know.

GMUSSTN,

Based on the announced attendance of 2,275 for the exhibition game vs. Shenandoah, I would expect that the number of season tickets is about 2,000. Were you given the actual number?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
GMUSSTN,

Based on the announced attendance of 2,275 for the exhibition game vs. Shenandoah, I would expect that the number of season tickets is about 2,000. Were you given the actual number?

No, sadly. I was told that season tickets are way down and the 3-game packages are way up. If Hewitt is still around next season I think that will be the case again. It certainly would be for me.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
No, sadly. I was told that season tickets are way down and the 3-game packages are way up. If Hewitt is still around next season I think that will be the case again. It certainly would be for me.

Perhaps, Mason should sell tickets for the vcu game as part of a package, only.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Now it's all starting to make sense. Huh??????

Chris Kreider ‏@CoachKreider 5m5 minutes ago
"You have to risk going too far to discover just how far you can really go." - T.S. Eliot

I believe that the actual T.S. Eliot quote is: "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

Perhaps, Kreider should be quoting John Wooden: "Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Back to my pessimistic ways. Jenkins will travel 3 times. Gray will shoot 2 airballs from 3 point range. Holloway will not pass to a wide open Thompson and yet get blocked 4 times driving to the lane. Moore will have 5 turnovers. Corey will collect no charge calls this game. We go 2-17 from behind the arc. Thanks Hewitt.... ya bastard.

Goodguys 60
All the good Colonial statesmen were gone so we will go with Colonials 71

MasonCrew

Starter
Perhaps, Mason should sell tickets for the vcu game as part of a package, only.

Not sure why this isn't the case. It's what GW and really every program does. We truly have an inept Athletic Department in every sense of the word. The fact that vcu fans are buying Mason alloted tournament tickets is an embarrassment. It's not like these are difficult things to fix either; they are very, very simple things to fix.