Game 16: GMU (8-7 / 1-1) vs St. Joe’s (8-9 / 2-4) on Monday, January 24, at 7PM. RESCHEDULED

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Kim English
@Englishscope24
·
2h

We will be back soon. Normal basketball seasons present plenty of moments to overcome adversity. We are in unprecedented times, with even greater obstacles. A rallying cry in our program is “So what. Now what?” Ready to get back on the court with our guys soon. #RockWithUs

Quote Tweet

KprLrkXj_normal.jpg

George Mason Men's Basketball

@MasonMBB
· 2h

Saturday’s game vs. Saint Joseph’s has been postponed due to COVID-19 health & safety protocols within our program. We will work with the Hawks to reschedule the game for a potential later date.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A plus plus plus
Thanks, Petey. Martelli really wanted to stay at SJU and get to 500 wins (I recall he wasn't far away when they fired him) so he and his family (his wife, especially) were very angry and hurt. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" is apt here.

Now, Martelli, who obviously has deep roots in the Philly area, gets to target any 4-5 star player St. Joe's desperately wants with, "Why would you consider St. Joe's when you can play for me and Juwan Howard and compete for a national title each year, in front of big crowds?"

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Kim English
@Englishscope24
·
2h

We will be back soon. Normal basketball seasons present plenty of moments to overcome adversity. We are in unprecedented times, with even greater obstacles. A rallying cry in our program is “So what. Now what?” Ready to get back on the court with our guys soon. #RockWithUs

Quote Tweet

KprLrkXj_normal.jpg

@MasonMBB
· 2h

Saturday’s game vs. Saint Joseph’s has been postponed due to COVID-19 health & safety protocols within our program. We will work with the Hawks to reschedule the game for a potential later date.
Uh...I don't like that they added "potential" to that tweet, though I suppose it's unreasonable to expect all these games will be made up.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Petey. Martelli really wanted to stay at SJU and get to 500 wins (I recall he wasn't far away when they fired him) so he and his family (his wife, especially) were very angry and hurt. "Revenge is a dish best served cold" is apt here.

1985-95Saint Joseph's (AC)147-144
1995-2019Saint Joseph's (HC)444-328

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Kim English
@Englishscope24
·
2h

Quote Tweet

KprLrkXj_normal.jpg

@MasonMBB
· 2h

You go, Coach!!

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
$100 is a ripoff for that guy.

Yeah honestly I think I saw Doug Gottleib was only like $60. Just shows you what he thinks of himself that he can set the price that high.

Jon Rothstein out here charging as much as Detlef Schempf and Jim Calhoun.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hey look who else is available on Cameo...

View attachment 1224

I really want to just meet him and see if he actually knows what he is talking about or is just a weirdo shtick. I almost went to his college basketball event in November but decided against it. Plus I feel like it would be as hilarious as when I met Pat Collins.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Stop Jordan Hall and force him to play “me ball” and limit Funk and this should be a 10 point game.

DPs other failed top recruit Reynolds is a very good piece that I wish CKE would have had. Would be our 6th man for sure and not look lost like our bench does

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Stop Jordan Hall and force him to play “me ball” and limit Funk and this should be a 10 point game.

DPs other failed top recruit Reynolds is a very good piece that I wish CKE would have had. Would be our 6th man for sure and not look lost like our bench does
It should help that we finally have a guy with the length and athleticism to bother Funk. Been burned by those types for so many years now…

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It should help that we finally have a guy with the length and athleticism to bother Funk. Been burned by those types for so many years now…
Stopping Funk is the key. SJU only has two weapons (Hall and Funk) so I will be disappointed if we do not win this game by a comfortable margin.

Don't think we've lost to SJU in 4-5 years. But that wasn't always the case. I remember going up to Philly at the end of the Hewitt era and pre-gaming in the "Hawks Nest" (their equivalent to the green and gold room, or whatever it's called). As is typical in these situations, an assitant coach will come in and describe what the game plan is, keys to the game, etc. He was going on about how "Mason's really tough and they have some very talented players...etc." His assessment ran so counter to what I knew to be true about our team. In the middle of this cognitive dissonance I was experiencing I couldn't help myself and politely interrupted the coach, "Excuse me. I get that you can never be complacent and have to take every team seriously, but in this case I can say with 100% confidence that Saint Joe's has nothing to worry about. This game will be over by halftime."

And sure enough, it was. At the half lots of SJU fans complimented me on the accuracy of my prediction. "Wow, Mason is REALLY bad."

Man, those were some dark, dark years.