Game 15: GMU (12-2 / 1-0) vs St. Louis (7-7 / 0-1) on Saturday, January 6, at 2:00 PM.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought #2 was just hilarious, and #3 was more of a "Come here and let me check your teeth while I dunk this ball!", but I can see your point.

Here's the big version of the final pick:
View attachment 2035
i like this one
but
needs background - people in stands and bench players and coaching staffs

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I get that SLU spends a lot on Ford and they spend a lot as an athletics program, but I am curious on why some are ready to run him out of town already.

Yes, he has 1 NCAA in 8 years with 2 NITs, however he also has 4 20 win seasons and has finished in the top 5 of the conference 6 of those 8 years. Yes, for 2.4m thats not a great return but I'm not sure you are going to do that much better. Maybe someone can explain to me how this isn't meeting reasonable expectations and why "we can do better" could be achieved.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I get that SLU spends a lot on Ford and they spend a lot as an athletics program, but I am curious on why some are ready to run him out of town already.

Yes, he has 1 NCAA in 8 years with 2 NITs, however he also has 4 20 win seasons and has finished in the top 5 of the conference 6 of those 8 years. Yes, for 2.4m thats not a great return but I'm not sure you are going to do that much better. Maybe someone can explain to me how this isn't meeting reasonable expectations and why "we can do better" could be achieved.
2.4 mil a year the expectation is dancing, period. Hes proven he can’t do that, the AD is trying to spin 20 wins with cupcake schedules with nothing to show for it as success.

I hope people show up today. Weather is fine, tickets are cheap, and beer is cold and plentiful. Get off your asses today and show up for a team that’s been on a great run.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
2.4 mil a year the expectation is dancing, period. Hes proven he can’t do that, the AD is trying to spin 20 wins with cupcake schedules with nothing to show for it as success.

I hope people show up today. Weather is fine, tickets are cheap, and beer is cold and plentiful. Get off your asses today and show up for a team that’s been on a great run.
Yeah I didn’t do a deep dive into the wins, but figured that is part of it. 20 wins isn’t what they used to be.

I’m just not sure that even at that price you are going to find a coach that can do better track record wise at least in the a10. Just my .02.

Hope everyone shows up today as well. I suspect the bandwagon is starting to get a few more folks.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ford is your typical good recruiter, not great X and O guy. If his teams didn’t underachieve the last two seasons there would be more goodwill built up for a season like this year where everything has gone sideways.

I doubt he gets fired after this season, but if this continue the way they have he’ll be in the hot seat soon.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Really want to go today but we’ve done really well with me yet to attend a game so I guess it’s the couch for me to keep the vibes rolling. You’re welcome.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Really want to go today but we’ve done really well with me yet to attend a game so I guess it’s the couch for me to keep the vibes rolling. You’re welcome.
Sure hope this is a funny way to say you just can’t make the game today.