Game 14: AT ODU, Jan 4th, 7 PM, NO TV

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When was the last time this game wasn't on TV? Says a lot about where the two programs are currently that nobody wanted to pick it up.

MasonCrew

Starter
We can't beat teams by a lot. I don't see this as being anything but a close game. We simply lack the mental toughness to put teams away. We'll win, but it will be close. Luckily, Hewitt is a master of winning close games (as pointed out in another thread).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I posted this in the Hate thread, but I figured it might help us find him faster if we spread the word.

sampa8c0589b4744d6a0.jpg

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If I am reading vegasinsider.com right, ODU is favored by one.
That brings a question to my mind: How accurate has Vegas been on our games in terms of when they favored us we won and when they favored the other team, we lost?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
That brings a question to my mind: How accurate has Vegas been on our games in terms of when they favored us we won and when they favored the other team, we lost?

You got me curious, so here's what I came up with:

(Here's a link that I used in the following analysis: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/teams/team-page.cfm/team/george-mason)

There was no Vegas line for American, Lamar, & St Francis games.

Ignoring the spread, our record is 3-1 when we were favorites & 1-5 when we've been underdogs.

Taking the spread into consideration:
N. Iowa-- we were favored by 2.5, won by 6
Iona--we were underdogs by 5.5; lost by 16
Princeton--underdogs by 6; lost by 5
Rhode Is--favorites by 7.5; won by 7
S Fla--favorites by 4; lost by 2
Oklahoma--underdogs by 8; lost by 15
Iowa St--underdogs by 11.5; lost by 12
Oregon St--underdogs by 3.5; lost by 4
St. Mary's--underdogs by 9; won by 2
Penn--favorites by 8.5; won by 3

So in 4 of our games, the betting spread was within 1 point of the actual difference in score (Princeton,URI, Ia St.,Or St).

The St Mary's game is the real outlier (betting spread was off by 11)

We're 3-7 against the spread.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Good info psyclone, thanks! Looks like that does not bode extremely well for tomorrow.