Game 12: GMU (9-2) at Tulane (8-2) on Friday, December 22, at 2:00 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Will be interesting to see how Maddox returns. The rest of the team needs to step up offensively. If Hall has a bad night then we lose.

Goodguys 73
Too Little to Lane 69
I am scared of this one. Lots of variables could come into play with us after the "issues" of the last two games. Not the least of which is our 3 point shooting.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Still not much posting about the game on the Tulane board. I wonder if they sold out the $3 tickets - https://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=58259

MBB vs George Mason

Post by ForeverTU » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:28 pm
I know there’s a ton of obligations and distractions via holidays but really hope we can get a decent crowd on Friday. This will be the first game I can make living out of state. Can’t wait!
ForeverTURegent's CirclePosts: 5137Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:27 pmLocation:Nashville

Re: MBB vs George Mason

Post by ForeverTU » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:53 am
$3 tickets https://fevo-enterprise.com/event/TulaneMBBDiscount

Baywave1Emerald CirclePosts: 12367Joined:Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am

Re: MBB vs George Mason

Post by Baywave1 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 pm
Tulane basketball is best entertainment value around

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If top 25 teams can lose to sub 200 teams then I can tolerate a bad performance here and there against lower competition.

Every team from the top down are prone to head scratching lackluster performances.

This accompanied with the fact that this is basically a brand new team with a first year head coach makes me very optimistic for the future of this program long term and short.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"PATRIOT POINTS
• The Patriots are 9-2 to begin the season and are 78th in the NCAA NET rankings.

• Mason wrapped up a 2-0 homestand Tuesday with an 84-60 win over Bridgewater (Va.) inside EagleBank Arena.

The Patriots held the Eagles to just 27.2 percent (9-33) from 2pt range Saturday. Mason is fourth nationally in 2pt FG defense (.411) through 11 games this season.

• Sophomore Keyshawn Hall exploded for 36 points on a impressive 15-of-18 performance from the floor. He also grabbed 12 rebounds for his A-10 leading sixth double-double.

• Hall's 36-point effort fell just three points shy of the EBA building record, set by Javon Greene in January 2020 (39). It was the first 30+ point/10+ rebound performance by a Patriot since a 35-point, 14-rebound game from Ryan Pearson in December 2011.

• Freshman guard Baraka Okojie added a career-best 17 points (8-10 FT), to go along with six rebounds. Okojie ranks ninth nationally amongst freshmen in free throws made (38) this season. He has tallied 10+ points in four contests and ranks second on the team in assists (22).

• Senior Woody Newton posted a career-best five blocks Tuesday. It was the first 5+ block effort by a Patriot since Josh Oduro in Jan. 2022.

• Mason was without three regulars in Tuesday's contest, including Darius Maddox (neck), Malik Henry (personal) and Amari Kelly (one-game suspension).

The Patriots rank second in the A-10 and 36th nationally in 3pt FG percentage (.378). However, Mason has struggled from deep over the past two games while shooting at just a 22.6 (7-31) percent clip.

• Mason ranks second in the A-10 in rebounding margin (+5.4). The Patriots are a perfect 9-0 when winning the battle on the boards this season.

• The victory over Bridgewater improved Mason to 7-0 at home this season. The Patriots have won 21 of their past 23 games inside EagleBank Arena.

• With wins in the team's final two non-league games, George Mason would match the program's Div. I record for non-conference victories (11), set during the 2019-20 campaign.

HISTORY vs. AAC FOES
Mason has tallied a 44-23 all time record against opponents from the American Athletic Conference. The bulk of those contests came against East Carolina (34-15) when both programs were a part of the CAA. The Patriots' other most common AAC foes are Wichita State (3-2), Charlotte (3-1) and Tulane (2-1). Friday's game against the Green Wave will mark Mason's third against an AAC foe this season. The Patriots defeated East Carolina, 81-59, on Nov. 25 in Fairfax and fell to Charlotte, 54-49, on Nov. 19 in the Jacksonville Classic."

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
His mind is fine, I assure you.

Let's see how he plays in the first five minutes. When Tulane bodies him in the paint and gives him a hard foul. How will he respond? The defense is going to be all up in his face, trying to get him to react negatively

I want to see him accept the contact and get back to the way he was playing the game before - which was great.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Let's see how he plays in the first five minutes. When Tulane bodies him in the paint and gives him a hard foul. How will he respond? The defense is going to be all up in his face, trying to get him to react negatively

I want to see him accept the contact and get back to the way he was playing the game before - which was great.
I think you are making a whole lot more out of a split second reflexive action by Kelly then he, his coaches, teammates, or opponents are.

He served his suspension and is moving on. He’s not Rasheed Wallace or Draymond Green.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Dec 21, 2023
"NEW ORLEANS – Tulane University men's basketball (8-2) will aim to remain unbeaten at home as it welcomes George Mason (9-2) into Avron B. Fogelman Arena in the Devlin Fieldhouse on Friday afternoon. The Green Wave holds a 6-0 record at home and is averaging 98.5 points per game in Uptown so far this season."

"In its last time out, Kevin Cross led Tulane to a 105-81 victory over Southern on Saturday by recording his second consecutive triple double finishing with 20 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds. The Green Wave tallied more than 100 points in back-to-back games for the first time since 1976 after posting 115 points in the double overtime win over Furman on Thursday.

Cross became the first player to have a triple double in consecutive games against Division I opponents in 15 years and joined Penny Hardaway as the only Division I players with consecutive 20-plus point triple doubles since assists became official in 1984. He is also only the eighth Division I player to ever record back-to-back triple doubles.

Following his historic performance on the court against Furman and Southern, Cross earned multiple national and conference honors. The Little Rock, Arkansas, native was named Player of the Week by the USBWA Oscar Robertson Award, the Associated Press, ESPN, the American Athletic Conference, and the Louisiana Sports Writers Association. He averaged 22.5 points, 11.5 assists, and 11.0 rebounds in the two wins for the Wave."

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"The attendance was 1,407 — counting a decent contingent from Southern — in an arena with a capacity around 4,000. Forward Kevin Cross had just completed his second consecutive triple-double, becoming the first player to accomplish that feat against Division I opponents in 15 years and only the second to score 20 or more points in both ends of a triple-double since assists became an official statistic in 1984.

Hunter knew the students were out of town on Christmas break and would be gone for another three weeks. But when Tulane (8-2) entertains George Mason (9-2) at 1 p.m. Friday, he wants a bigger audience that recognizes the accomplishments of Cross, Jaylen Forbes and Sion James, a trio that has been together since 2020-21.

'We’ve got a great team (George Mason) coming in here, and I want the people of Tulane to understand that,' he said. 'We’ve got a good team. It’s been a long time (coming). They (the Wave) had a lot of years of bad basketball. I’m trying not to get on a roll here, but I think it’s important that we support these kids. These kids bust their butts. Don’t come to support me. I could care less, but I do care about these kids, and these are seniors and this is the last time they are going to be in this building playing. Students, alumni, whatever it is, you’ve got to come and support these kids.'

Hunter, who inherited a program that had gone 0-18 in the AAC in 2018-19, guided Tulane to its first winning conference record (10-8) since 2006-07 in his third year. The Wave improved to 12-6 last season for its best conference winning percentage since 1996-97, and although 3,621 packed Devlin Fieldhouse for a game against No. 1 Houston in January, the attendance surpassed 2,000 only two other times.

The high mark for six nonconference home dates this season was 1,689 for the opener against Nicholls State.

Tulane leads the nation in field goal percentage (.536), is third in scoring (91.7) and has erupted for 105 or more points in consecutive games for the first time since 1972-73."