Game 11: AT Wright State University, Tuesday, December 23rd, 7 PM, NO TV

wijg

Starter
Not criticizing you guys, just an observation on how bad things are. We have just come off our best win in, well as long as I can remember, and we are talking more about the Wright brothers than we are about the game.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Not criticizing you guys, just an observation on how bad things are. We have just come off our best win in, well as long as I can remember, and we are talking more about the Wright brothers than we are about the game.

I think that we need to stop acting so surprised when Mason wins. While we don't expect the Patriots to contend for the A10 championship this season, there is sufficient talent IMO to defeat good mid-major programs. We just need more consistent coaching and execution from the players.

For my part, I will not ask any more trivia questions this season.

KAOriginal

All-American
I think that we need to stop acting so surprised when Mason wins. While we don't expect the Patriots to contend for the A10 championship this season, there is sufficient talent IMO to defeat good mid-major programs. We just need more consistent coaching and execution from the players.

Amen! It's all about the progress. Very nice to be in the conversation of actually being able to beat good mid major programs. If we can start doing that, we can be considered a good mid major.

It would be a dream com true to be mentioned among the likes of Butler, Wichita State, Gonzaga, vcu..teams that have broken through the NCAAs and have proven themselves....

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm not acting. I'm really, genuinely, usually surprised.

"Good post.

I don't think anyone here believes we have enough experienced talent to make this into a truly notable team, but I'll watch and root for a team like we saw yesterday.

That team is likely competitive in most A-10 games, which is about as much as I can ask for.

Will give Hewitt credit for tinkering with things a little bit. Concrete rotation seems to have helped, and the late game subs actually mostly made sense yesterday."
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY, Yesterday at 10:40 AM

"Good post.

I don't think anyone here believes we have enough experienced talent to make this into a truly notable team, but I'll watch and root for a team like we saw yesterday.

That team is likely competitive in most A-10 games, which is about as much as I can ask for.

Will give Hewitt credit for tinkering with things a little bit. Concrete rotation seems to have helped, and the late game subs actually mostly made sense yesterday."
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY, Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Does saying I expect them to possibly now be competitive mean I expect them to win?

Jeez, I usually have to explain these A=B doesn't necessarily mean B=C to the young 'uns but you?

polepino

Starter
You are correct!
Lol, I was just there in October for my birthday. Last minute trip outta town and cheapest, furthest place, I was willing to stay was OBX, and yeah I stayed in Kill Devil Hills. Hadn't been there in years but I was really close to the Wright Bros memorial. You just happend to ask the question and I thought Id respond. Nice!

wijg

Starter

I hope you don't stop, it adds to some of the entertainment/knowledge on here.

I was just pointing out that Iona was a pretty good win, but (I am assuming) most people are resigned to the fact that we have such a low ceiling with Hewitt, that we know better than to get excited about one good win as it does not ever seem to translate into sustained success/improvement.

But, one can always hope. Maybe tonight's game will be the beginning of our first real two game winning streak (I don't count Catawba) in almost a year.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I love how these announcers just own that they are homers. Everything is "we" or "our" or "us." No attempt whatsoever to be unbiased.