Game 1: GMU (0-0) at #15 Auburn (0-0) on Monday, November 7, at 8:00 PM.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Are you really this incapable of following along, or just realized what you said is BS and now spinning to cover it up?

You see, this is what you posted.
To everyone saying we won’t face big physical teams that apply pressure this season, vcu, Dayton and SLU would like a word.

Literally nobody has said we won't face big physical teams that apply pressure again this season. Nobody. Nobody said that. Nobody.

Duncan posted this
The Patriots aren't going to play another team that physical the rest of the season

You see the word "that" in there? It's making a comparison to the level of physicality. Not an absolute that no other team will show physicality.
(also, he's right vcu doesn't have the size or athletes to be equivalent)

Maybe English is your second language and this is tough for you. Let me give you a comparison. It would be like me saying that was the dumbest thing you typed today. It's not ruling out that you've typed other dumb things today, I'm sure you have, just that that was the dumbest among them. The most dumb thing, not the only dumb thing, just the most dumb.
It would seem you both agree that we will be facing big, physical teams this year that could pose similar problems to our team. . . .

Glad we could come to that agreement and get that behind us.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
But the first 5 min were decent. Open 3's missed by VJ and Ticket. Some of the best looks all game.
Yea, those 2 as well. VJ and Ticket can drive the lane. Cooper can only shoot 3's or when he does drive the lane he gets blocked or turns it over.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Juan Dixon's Coppin state could upset Gtown. Showing Supreme confidence vs big boy Wahab on the Hoyas home court......unlike one other DMV university we know.

Not seeing us beating Coppin with last night's effort.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Juan Dixon's Coppin state could upset Gtown. Showing Supreme confidence vs big boy Wahab on the Hoyas home court......unlike one other DMV university we know.

Sam Sessoms is dealing for Coppin — 14 pts, 6 assts so far. Too bad he wasn’t a fit for Mason … I thought we could do better at PG in the portal but that obviously turned out to be incorrect.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sam Sessoms is dealing for Coppin — 14 pts, 6 assts so far. Too bad he wasn’t a fit for Mason … I thought we could do better at PG in the portal but that obviously turned out to be incorrect.
Saw him play at Binghamton University - was really hoping GMU would land him. He'll be the primary shot taker at Coppin St., likely part of the reason he ended up there.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I was at that game
Home opener and free tickets to anyone who requested them

I expected Georgetown to win in a 25 point blowout. Coppin hit a 3 as time expired to send it to OT.

Coppin held it close until about 2 minutes left in OT then got blown out by 10. Coppin had played the day before in North Carolina, lost by 20+, and taken an 8 hour bus ride back to DC.

Great effort by Coppin but I am unsure if they are that good or if Georgetown is that bad.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I heard from somebody that Coppin State was lousy scheduling though.

Can't remember who, but think it was the amiable scouting genius that told us Oduro and Kolek both sucked before playing a single minute here.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I heard from somebody that Coppin State was lousy scheduling though.

Can't remember who, but think it was the amiable scouting genius that told us Oduro and Kolek both sucked before playing a single minute here.
Georgetown went almost a full calendar year without winning a game. Coppin St sucks 250+ KenPom, but Sessoms would be our starting PG.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Let's avoid poking each other in the eye today, please.

GIF by The Paley Center for Media

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like the Bonnies might of got a pretty good point guard in Luc from Holy Cross.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I had a chance to go to the game at Auburn. I've got nothing to add about what happened on the floor. I do want to say that Auburn's fans were great. I had more people say "Welcome to Auburn" while I was walking around the arena. The couple sitting behind me were on the season ticket waiting list for 3 years and this was their first game as season ticket holders. They were asking me about our team. They knew KE played in the SEC, but didnt realize the Rick Barnes connection. Even at halftime, as we pulled close, one guy chatted me up asking where we are located and wanted to learn more about the team.
Maybe its because I'm from the northeast where the cold weather makes people miserable and having been in the DC area for 25+ years where traffic and lots of other stuff make people miserable (the wife and I always discuss where we are moving to when its time to retire because Montgomery County is a hot mess), any sort of kindness makes its mark on me.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I had a chance to go to the game at Auburn. I've got nothing to add about what happened on the floor. I do want to say that Auburn's fans were great. I had more people say "Welcome to Auburn" while I was walking around the arena. The couple sitting behind me were on the season ticket waiting list for 3 years and this was their first game as season ticket holders. They were asking me about our team. They knew KE played in the SEC, but didnt realize the Rick Barnes connection. Even at halftime, as we pulled close, one guy chatted me up asking where we are located and wanted to learn more about the team.
Maybe its because I'm from the northeast where the cold weather makes people miserable and having been in the DC area for 25+ years where traffic and lots of other stuff make people miserable (the wife and I always discuss where we are moving to when its time to retire because Montgomery County is a hot mess), any sort of kindness makes its mark on me.
Exact same experience

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The DC area is a different breed of people..... work work work..... career career career is what a lot of people are focused on very fast paced area. Being nice to strangers or people in general is a lost art in the DC area IMO.

The Deep South people are genuine and friendly and will chat you up and welcome you to their neck of the woods as they take pride in their area and "way of life".

I was in Myrtle Beach last weekend and forgot how nice strangers are at restaurants, golf courses, people passing you on the beach, etc. it caught me off guard and chatted up a golf cart guy for a while as I was wearing a Mason polo on the golf course. He's a UNC fan and told me he still remembered us beating them back in the tourney while him and his wife were at a bar in the tropics watching it.... he was like "ya'll" put an asswhooping on us. I just shrugged and was like yea. Ahhh forgot how good were once were. Ughhhhh

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm glad folks had a good experience at Auburn. Always have heard how friendly the south is etc. Its personally not for me. When I lived in DC I too found folks to be stuffy.

Moving to NYC I expected folks to be brash, rude and pretty downright terrible. Pretty much the opposite experience. Simple example that folks in Arlington in my building used to never even say hello in the elevator. In NYC that has been much different.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Living in the South (Nashville), it's definitely a thing. When friends and family would come visit, or work visitors from other locations, they'd always comment on how friendly everyone was. Consistently and unprompted, it was something people would bring up again and again. And to be honest, I never really got it at first. But then I started traveling and would find myself wondering, "Why is everyone in this town so rude" until I had the epiphany one day that they weren't necessarily, I had just become accustomed to a different level of friendliness.

And it's not any one thing that's drastically different, but little things like:
* When you make random eye-contact with a stranger, you give a polite acknowledgement like a smile or nod instead of a blank stare and quick look away. I've done that in some cities and you get a scowl back.
* When you put your blinker on people will let you in rather then speeding up to make sure you can't get in front of them.
* If a visitor asks directions, there's not only a willingness to give them, but genuine desire to help and wanting that person to have a positive experience of the town.
* There's also traditional Southern politeness as culture and social expectations like holding the door open for a woman and not swearing in front of them. Also our version of F You is a more genteel "Bless your heart"

Unfortunately, it feels like some of that culture is eroding a bit as we've had huge influxes of transplants who are coming in large enough numbers and all at once that they aren't acclimating to those better behaviors. I also think the political polarization in the country, ramped up by the pandemic, has eroded some of that kindness to everyone mentality.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I almost ended up in a brawl with Tennessee fans during last year’s NCAA baseball regionals. Not surprisingly they were drunk and mouthy. Fortunately I was able to convince the group I was with that it wouldn’t go well for the 30 of us to fight the 5,000 of them lol.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I always thought the people in Charleston were pretty friendly and welcoming when I lived there. There were some people who fit the stereotype of being friendly to your face and being mean, saying shitty things, behind your back.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I almost ended up in a brawl with Tennessee fans during last year’s NCAA baseball regionals. Not surprisingly they were drunk and mouthy. Fortunately I was able to convince the group I was with that it wouldn’t go well for the 30 of us to fight the 5,000 of them lol.
would pay money to watch this. Tennessee fans are fine in comparison to most SEC folks as they are little brother and don't really win ANYTHING to be so cocky about. I mean talk about a complete front runner that never EVER pans out in pretty much any sport. RIP Pat Summit