News Finished Locker Room pics

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Just got an email that had pictures of the completed locker rooms. Have to say I'm impressed...looking good.

mail.jpg

mail1.jpg

mail2.jpg

mail3.jpg

mail4.jpg

OP
GMU_DCU

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Men’s Basketball Head Coach Dave Paulsen

“This locker room renovation project is a game changer for our program and provides a great space for our current student-athletes. It allows us to teach, to train, to review film and to prepare for competition while greatly enhancing our product on the court. It also benefits us immensely in recruiting. Having a facility which rivals any in our league, if not in the entire country, is a critical component to attract the next generation of Mason student-athletes.”

Athletic Director Brad Edwards

“I’m thrilled that this complete makeover of our EagleBank Arena locker room space is complete. Facility enhancements are a key framework within our department’s long-term strategic vision and for the promotion of our university on a national level. The locker room project is an outstanding example of this institution’s ongoing commitment to gender equity and the sustained success of both basketball programs. We are extraordinarily thankful to our donors and partners for their generosity in making these projects a reality.”

OP
GMU_DCU

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Does the locker room get shared with women’s basketball as well?
It would appear so..

Women’s Basketball Head Coach Nyla Milleson

“We are very excited about the renovations within EagleBank Arena. The state-of-the-art locker room and player’s lounge provides our student-athletes with a comfortable space to relax, study, and build team camaraderie on practice and game days. The film room gives us a learning environment in which to breakdown, analyze, and teach. We appreciate the support of the athletic department, the entire university, and the Fairfax community as the Basketball Excellence Plan continues to give us an edge in the Atlantic 10 Conference and on the national stage.”

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Does the locker room get shared with women’s basketball as well?

Seems like separate. I saw picks on Instagram posted by the men's and women's team. The glass wall was on the right side in one and the left in the other. Unless someone took the effort to flip the photo before posting, it appears there's two separate locker rooms both mirroring each other.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Pics look great!

On as side note, it says the locker rooms were "Finished during the 2018-19 season". I could have sworn someone on here said that for giving day, the patriot club was raising money to complete the locker room renovations. That was in April.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pics look great!

On as side note, it says the locker rooms were "Finished during the 2018-19 season". I could have sworn someone on here said that for giving day, the patriot club was raising money to complete the locker room renovations. That was in April.

They needed a new table because the one they had was wobblily due to uneven legs on the table. Thus the fundraising effort was started back up again. They raised 20 bucks for the table, ordered a pizza and used the box to fix the uneven table.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
But...but...but...we don't have the facilities to compete with the other schools for good recruits. :bricks:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
The men’s and women’s teams have basically matching locker rooms and film rooms - just flipped.

The locker rooms look great. Job well done.

The release of the locker rooms is not very good. A few pics... very 15 years ago. Would have been a great opportunity to have members of both teams to walk fans through the new facilities. It would be fun for them and good experience talking in front of the camera. It would be great for fans to get a better look than a few pics and a chance to get to know the player’s personalities a bit more. We dropped the ball.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The pics look very nice. I do hate using the star logo on anything and the fact they used it on the glass makes me ill, but I'd rather be ill about that then not having new locker rooms at all.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The men’s and women’s teams have basically matching locker rooms and film rooms - just flipped.

The release of the locker rooms is not very good. A few pics... very 15 years ago. Would have been a great opportunity to have members of both teams to walk fans through the new facilities. It would be fun for them and good experience talking in front of the camera. It would be great for fans to get a better look than a few pics and a chance to get to know the player’s personalities a bit more. We dropped the ball.
Totally agree. Our social media presence is awful. When Tennessee's brand new locker room was completed before last season, they had Grant Williams get on instagram and give fans a tour.

Along these lines, we are in the middle of summer workouts, which provide an extremely easy opportunity to produce behind-the-scenes content that fans (and recruits) like to see. Check out this quick video that Tennessee Basketball put out this week:
https://twitter.com/Vol_Hoops/status/1143143068247429121

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Totally agree. Our social media presence is awful. When Tennessee's brand new locker room was completed before last season, they had Grant Williams get on instagram and give fans a tour.

Along these lines, we are in the middle of summer workouts, which provide an extremely easy opportunity to produce behind-the-scenes content that fans (and recruits) like to see. Check out this quick video that Tennessee Basketball put out this week:
https://twitter.com/Vol_Hoops/status/1143143068247429121

The AD is currently looking for a director of digital media, or at least was as of about two or three weeks ago.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Pics look great!

I saw a video walkthrough of the locker rooms back in February and the only thing I don’t recall seeing that are now in these pictures are the logo/basketball on the ceiling by the lockers and the George Mason branding behind the stadium seated chairs. It basically looked complete in the video I saw but the little touches do make it nicer.

I think it all looks great. In DP’s quote he talks about it helping in recruiting. Hope that means he plans on actually landing some of our top targets for a change.

By George.

Starter

By George to the rescue, we’ll be touring the facility tmrw, taking videos and pictures and interviewing Calixte.

This is about one of the few times I disagree with you Good Doctor. Perhaps I am stuck in a life from 15 years ago, but I see no problem with the pictures/press release they displayed yesterday, and I don't believe the ball was dropped. Kudos to our administration and staff. I am quite proud to have been one of the many contributors to this project. The only thing I want is a tour of the facility.

By George.

Starter
This is about one of the few times I disagree with you Good Doctor. Perhaps I am stuck in a life from 15 years ago, but I see no problem with the pictures/press release they displayed yesterday, and I don't believe the ball was dropped. Kudos to our administration and staff. I am quite proud to have been one of the many contributors to this project. The only thing I want is a tour of the facility.

Would have to agree here, I think more content is coming out today and they’re giving tours as well. Comparing us to Tennessee? Well....

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Would have to agree here, I think more content is coming out today and they’re giving tours as well. Comparing us to Tennessee? Well....
If you take a tour, look to see the name plates on the lockers. Maybe there is a recruit we don’t know about yet. Or maybe there is a missing name.