Facilities and Arena discussion

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I've never watched a cricket match live, just bits and pieces occasionally on TV. I am interested in learning more about the game and having another team to follow. If you wear green and gold, I'll root for you.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I've never watched a cricket match live, just bits and pieces occasionally on TV. I am interested in learning more about the game and having another team to follow. If you wear green and gold, I'll root for you.
One day tests can be a lot of fun. It's when you get into things like The Ashes that drag out for weeks on end that they lose me. I used to live across from Lord's Cricket Ground in London (basically the Fenway Park of cricket) and the place would be CRAZY whenever there was a test going on.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My impression wasn't that Mason was going to have a team, but that the new DC professional team will share a stadium with Mason baseball.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All I care is upgrading that high school baseball stadium. With a professional field, stands, batting cage indoors, and locker rooms Shawn camp will be able to recruit at a higher level...but also having all the publicity from Cricket can't hurt.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All I care is upgrading that high school baseball stadium. With a professional field, stands, batting cage indoors, and locker rooms Shawn camp will be able to recruit at a higher level...but also having all the publicity from Cricket can't hurt.
Yes, the Cricket is fine. Honestly, it could be Crochet or Badminton for all I care. Just get us an A-10 worthy ballpark.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cricket is huge. I live down the street from one of the top fields in the US and it's a sh*t show when they throw a big tournament.

This should be good for Mason, as unexciting as it is for you WASPs.
Speak for the other WASPs, I love cricket and am very excited to see what comes.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My impression wasn't that Mason was going to have a team, but that the new DC professional team will share a stadium with Mason baseball.
Not a hundred percent sure, but I believe Mason has a club cricket team, and I thought I heard they won the championship a few years ago.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Not a hundred percent sure, but I believe Mason has a club cricket team, and I thought I heard they won the championship a few years ago.

Cricket is not currently listed as a club sport team - https://recreation.gmu.edu/club-sports/club-sports-directory/

300106487_131763762917671_3928105700555035812_n.jpg

Last edited:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
With a planned capacity of 12,000 (per Major League Cricket) this definitely has the chance to be a game-changer for Mason Baseball.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Owner of the cricket team says another stadium is going to be built next to this one.

“And next to us—I cannot name the team—but there’s going to be another professional team coming next to us. They’re building their stadium there, and the concept is to build a whole township in that area.”

This is from the Washingtonian Article.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Owner of the cricket team says another stadium is going to be built next to this one.

“And next to us—I cannot name the team—but there’s going to be another professional team coming next to us. They’re building their stadium there, and the concept is to build a whole township in that area.”

This is from the Washingtonian Article.
The commanders?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The commanders?

I’d think much smaller:

Two guesses. OGDC (a Major League Rugby team that currently plays at Segra Field in Loudoun), or one of two DC United projects (a women’s team they announced from the just announced USL women’s league, or their as yet unannounced MLS Next Pro team).