Bracketology

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
So, let me get this straight. Murray State, ranked #25 in the polls, loses to Belmont 88-87 on a last second 3 pt. FG in the OVC Tournament Final IN Nashville (where I believe Belmont is located?). The Racers are 28-5 overall AND 16-0 in the OVC Regular Season. This team isn't worthy?

KAOriginal

All-American
So, let me get this straight. Murray State, ranked #25 in the polls, loses to Belmont 88-87 on a last second 3 pt. FG in the OVC Tournament Final IN Nashville (where I believe Belmont is located?). The Racers are 28-5 overall AND 16-0 in the OVC Regular Season. This team isn't worthy?

Yeah there was alot of consternation on that one. The big "how did they get in?" this year is UCLA. And to top it off...they arent even in a play in game.

From the little bit I heard there was really nothing statistical, esp against the Top 100 that said they should be in.

Last edited:

KAOriginal

All-American

Just read Murray state...233th ranked schedule and 1-2 vs top 100 did them in.

Does not justify UCLA though. To me this smells like a TV deal.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Maybe Murray State's coach will be motivated to move to a multi bid conference

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If he goes to Alabama then that will be the second time their hiring a MBB HC has screwed us.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.al.com/alabamabasketball...host_nit_opening-ro.html#incart_story_package:

"Alabama's without a head coach, but its season isn't over.

The Crimson Tide was selected to the 32-team NIT field just hours after Anthony Grant was fired as the head coach.

Alabama will play host to Illinois at 8 p.m. Tuesday in the opening round. The school has not announced a plan for an interim coach to replace Grant.

The Tide (18-14) is the No. 6 seed, but will host since No. 3 seed Illinois' arena is being renovated. The Illini is 19-13 this season.

The winner gets the survivor of the Miami/NC Central game."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Arledge is looking like a smart guy to me...saw the writing on the wall and made a good decision. Serendipity...no doubt, but he avoided the train wreck that is Mason BBall.

Arledge wanted to come back, it was Hewitt who pushed him out the door.

gmurva

Recruit
Any conspiracy theories re: committee sending vcu to Portland / west region? TV? Favorable bracket? No one likes their fans?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Do you know of any teams in multi bid conferences that have openings that he may be interested in? Oh, yeah, Alabama has an opening. ;)

If I were a basketball coach, I'd rather coach in the A10 rather than in the SEC at a football first, second and third school like Alabama. He might get paid more at Alabama, but the road to success will be much harder.

wijg

Starter
If I were a basketball coach, I'd rather coach in the A10 rather than in the SEC at a football first, second and third school like Alabama. He might get paid more at Alabama, but the road to success will be much harder.
You will get no argument from me on that. If only there was an opening in the A10 for him to consider. ;)

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man

I went to a Miami site a few days ago to see what they were saying Miami would need to do in the ACC tournament to make the NCAAs...The lead story was about the #235 HS junior in the country giving a verbal to Miami. Coach L : :bricks: