Bracketology

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I had advocated Baltimore when we were in the CAA as a good alternative to Richmond and I'm curious what you guys thought (Five Two, I know you also said you went).
Yeah, I was there Fri-Sun, but not last night. The arena location is nice with a bunch of F&B options around, lots of hotels and Inner Harbor. So from that perspective, its got Richmond beat, hands down. But the arena itself is really old. They try to dress it up, but its bad. As Washingtonian said, the video board is brutal and many of the light bulbs are out on the many scoreboard signs. I do wonder what the 2011 CAA tourney would have been like had it been played in Baltimore....
They have a VIP hospitality section behind one of the baskets with banners of past POY players. Sad that a large majority are from schools no longer in the conference.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...bs-sp-caa-tournament-0227-20150226-story.html

Barely a week ahead of the Colonial Athletic Association's second men's basketball championship at Royal Farms Arena, commissioner Tom Yeager stressed that this year's event will tell both the league and the city a lot about the viability of a contract extension beyond 2016.

Yeager said Thursday that the tournament, which began a three-year contract in Baltimore in 2014, has plenty to build on from last year, and talks will "heat up significantly once … we have two years of performance to look at."

"We're looking at it as a very important year, that we want to demonstrate to Baltimore that this is an event that's worthy of their time and effort, and vice versa," Yeager said. "We want to make it work, but it also has to work for Baltimore, the hotels and restaurants, to help to support the city's efforts."

"Obviously, we'd love to extend here in Baltimore, and hopefully [this year's tournament] a great success, as we anticipate it to be."

Discussions between Visit Baltimore, the city's marketing organization, and the league about a new deal began in the fall, Yeager said.

Ticket sales for this year's tournament have been on the same pace as last year's, which brought a four-day total of 19,065 fans to the arena, Yeager said. Heading into the final weekend of league play, several tournament seeds are up for grabs, making it difficult for fans to know when their school will play.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
It is far from the northern schools, but Charleston would be a good place to host. Cougars play in nice downtown arena and there is also the North Charleston Coliseum (SoCon tournament used to be held there).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
There is no good reason why the CAA doesn't just play their tourney games at the higher seed. Give the #1 seed every advantage to win the auto-bid.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Interesting take on vcu getting shakier as a lock for the NCAAs. Sounds like a loss to either us or Fordham could knock them out (although that would likely mean the first time a top 50 rpi wouldn't make the tournament).

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

I have a feeling they'll be like GW is 2006 or Villanova in 2011, both got hurt by loosing key players during the season but got in on the body of work argument. Of course both GW and Villanova got their players back and vcu won't.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
North Dakota State won the Summit League for the second straight year.

If you squint at their green and gold uniforms, you can pretend they're Mason.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
North Dakota State won the Summit League for the second straight year.

If you squint at their green and gold uniforms, you can pretend they're Mason.
I usually pretend that the color on the TV is off really bad and green and orange is really green and gold. And Coach L is Coach L.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Fsu should stop letting Pat Kennedy design inbounds plays. They were up 20 with 9 mins left now up 2 with 24 secs left. And several bad inbounding plays.

Harry

Starter
Bill & Mary have always seemed like that dorky, nice kid at school who just can't get a date with any chick. Nice guys really do finish last. Sucks for them since Thornton is gone next year and they will likely be rebuilding.
Good analogy for W&M! But although it's tough to replace the leading scorer in W&M history, they are not rebuilding. Starters Daniel Dixon and Omar Prewitt are sophomores and starter Terry Tarpey is a junior. They also have a couple of decent freshmen in Oliver Tott and Connor Burchfield. BTW, you want to watch Tribe games and hope Tarpey's sister is there...Kaitlyn, was Miss Teen America in 2008 and placed among the top 10 in the 2014 Miss America Pageant.

OP
TweederGMU

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
LOL. vcu has to play Ohio State in Portland. Buckeyes should destroy them

Davidson can definitely beat Iowa. Davidson could take out Gonzaga but they would need to be on from 3

UVA playing Michigan State in the 2nd Round is hysterical. Go MSU