Athletic Director Tom O'Connor Announces Retirement

KAOriginal

All-American
Maybe he was forced to retire early.

Nah...Cabrera wouldnt have done that.

TOC knows the deal....leaving on his own terms.....wouldn't be surprised if it is because of Hewitt and the proper timing for the next AD to make decisions....

mason2k1

Starter

TOC knows the deal....leaving on his own terms.....wouldn't be surprised if it is because of Hewitt and the proper timing for the next AD to make decisions....
Can't help but think Cabrera helped put the idea in his head. Why else leave a year early.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well. And of an era and the start of something new. Let's go for some aggressive blood! My vote goes to the AD candidate who shows up and publicly sacrifices a Ram at the Patriot Center, smears the blood on his or hers face and screams Victory!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Cabrera seems to be proactive in other areas of his administration. Given the number of games he has attended, even a man of European origin had to realize shit wasn't looking good on the court.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
TOC will take alot of the blame...but lets not forget good ole Merten. He did not give much to the AD. Atleast not like Dr. C is giving. And lets go further to understand we needed to grow academically. But we shouldn't of pissed away a FF run as an oportunity cost to advance the academic side. Merten is to blame more than TOC regard post FF, regression of other sports etc. He tied his hands as someone pointed out in a previous post. But the Hewitt hire is all on TOC. You could blame Merten for that too if you want to. He didn't care at that point anyway.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
TOC will take alot of the blame...but lets not forget good ole Merten. He did not give much to the AD. Atleast not like Dr. C is giving. And lets go further to understand we needed to grow academically. But we shouldn't of pissed away a FF run as an oportunity cost to advance the academic side. Merten is to blame more than TOC regard post FF, regression of other sports etc. He tied his hands as someone pointed out in a previous post. But the Hewitt hire is all on TOC. You could blame Merten for that too if you want to. He didn't care at that point anyway.

Merten is still attending home games, so I assume that he cares.

Harry

Starter
It shows that Alan's only reasons for attending the games were not (1) his great courtside seats and (2) getting to fire the T shirt cannon. A true fan...(just wish he had been a better Bball program builder).

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

I would not necessarily say that. I heard El Presidente cleaned house in some schools where there were some professors who were not contributing to the academic growth of their respective programs.