299 Days of English

He15man

Starter

Mason32

Starter
Let’s take a minute to appreciate that we’ve gotten more access to the program in the last six weeks than we did in the previous six years.
Truly amazing how different DP & KE at least appear to us after such a short time. I honestly struggle with why anyone would sign up to play for someone like DP when there's guy similar to KE who just make the program like 100000x more exciting. I know we don't see everything but wow

He15man

Starter
Truly amazing how different DP & KE at least appear to us after such a short time. I honestly struggle with why anyone would sign up to play for someone like DP when there's guy similar to KE who just make the program like 100000x more exciting. I know we don't see everything but wow
We are definitely seeing the PR side of KE. Who knows what he's like in meetings or practices when the cameras aren't rolling. He doesn't strike me as a screamer or a guy who'll berate someone uncontrollably. but I bet he brings an entirely different level of intensity on and off the court, and holds guys accountable. Some players might not jive with that... who knows. DP probably acts and talks much more like your traditional HS basketball coach, perhaps providing some degree of comfort in knowing what to expect day-to-day. I bet very few HS kids are coming from programs where the head coach actually gets out on the court with them and plays ball/challenges them at a high level. Maybe some kids would find that too "radical" a change from the norm.

TBH, the day to day stuff is what it is. I think the REAL difference maker in terms of recruiting is KE's ability to flash his NBA friendships. Kids today LOVE and eat that stuff up. When the NBA season is over and KE can get Beal and others to come to the occasional practice... I wouldn't be at all surprised if those kinds of visits magically coincide with, like, a few top-rated prospects being there to watch and tour the school.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are definitely seeing the PR side of KE. Who knows what he's like in meetings or practices when the cameras aren't rolling. He doesn't strike me as a screamer or a guy who'll berate someone uncontrollably. but I bet he brings an entirely different level of intensity on and off the court, and holds guys accountable. Some players might not jive with that... who knows. DP probably acts and talks much more like your traditional HS basketball coach, perhaps providing some degree of comfort in knowing what to expect day-to-day. I bet very few HS kids are coming from programs where the head coach actually gets out on the court with them and plays ball/challenges them at a high level. Maybe some kids would find that too "radical" a change from the norm.

TBH, the day to day stuff is what it is. I think the REAL difference maker in terms of recruiting is KE's ability to flash his NBA friendships. Kids today LOVE and eat that stuff up. When the NBA season is over and KE can get Beal and others to come to the occasional practice... I wouldn't be at all surprised if those kinds of visits magically coincide with, like, a few top-rated prospects being there to watch and tour the school.
Funny how coincidences like that happen.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I kinda feel like Felton may be CKE's best recruit.
It wouldn't shock me if he is our next head coach in 2 or 3 years if English bolts. I'm not endorsing that one way or the other, but it wouldn't be a huge stretch given his prior experience as a head coach.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It wouldn't shock me if he is our next head coach in 2 or 3 years if English bolts. I'm not endorsing that one way or the other, but it wouldn't be a huge stretch given his prior experience as a head coach.
Is that what you call a succession plan?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

tbt.gif

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Felton hasn’t one or recruited well as a head coach since some the old folks on here were fresh out of college... not being negative but just saying. He was also the third assistant on some really bad Fordham teams recently. Not sure how he went from top assistant on Tulsa to bottom assistant on Fordham but it happened.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Felton hasn’t one or recruited well as a head coach since some the old folks on here were fresh out of college... not being negative but just saying. He was also the third assistant on some really bad Fordham teams recently. Not sure how he went from top assistant on Tulsa to bottom assistant on Fordham but it happened.

You got one @gmutom!

giphy.gif