2025 Recruiting

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is great, thank you.
No real updates beyond what I posted earlier. I’d expect Coach Curran to be out and about on Friday. Riley Jacobs is probably the focus.

If you end up going any of the days, even for games that don’t necessarily have a Mason-interest, feel free to tag the recruiting account on Twitter or Instagram. Love having scouts in the field!

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For those in and around Nova, wanted to give you a few current 2025 targets to check out if you ever feel like watching some HS basketball.

Riley Jacobs - St. Stephen’s St Agnes
Bobby Montgomery - Mt Zion Prep
Christian Jeffrey - Mt Zion Prep
Omari Witherspoon - St Johns College
Adlan Elamin - Paul VI

He was not at the game. Bobby Montgomery was.
thanks for confirming. Please know, I am not doubting you one bit, but I looked at a pic of Bobby Montgomery and a pic of Mason Ellison and the kid I saw on the sideline definitely looked like Mason Ellison. I know I am probably wrong. Maybe they were both there? Both kids are from the Baltimore area.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
thanks for confirming. Please know, I am not doubting you one bit, but I looked at a pic of Bobby Montgomery and a pic of Mason Ellison and the kid I saw on the sideline definitely looked like Mason Ellison. I know I am probably wrong. Maybe they were both there? Both kids are from the Baltimore area.
I had heard that Ellison was at the game so I asked the staff to confirm. They said that just Montgomery was there with his mom.

Ellison was at a game a few weeks ago, and he actually hopped into the post-game spaces that ByGeorge hosted last night. He had Pitt and Marquette watching him play last night as well.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sure seems like the staff is prioritizing a lot of guards - are there any 3, 4 or 5 types that we should be paying attention to? We need some big guys, unless we'll target the portal for those.
Absolutely, with the caveat that it's all fluid.

Riley Jacobs - 6'8 Wing/F
Bobby Montgomery - 6'5 Wing
Mason Blackwood - 6'6 Wing
Kash Polk - 6'8 F

I'm sure many more 25 names will pop up in April when AAU gets underway.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sure seems like the staff is prioritizing a lot of guards - are there any 3, 4 or 5 types that we should be paying attention to? We need some big guys, unless we'll target the portal for those.

True. But if you are thinking 2025 we will be losing Maddox, Billups, Newton, and Polite who are all guards/wings (hopefully anyway!)

I have a feeling they’re going to target a big in the portal for 2024, and hopefully a multi-year player. Losing Pavrette before the season and Kelly afterward they’ll be down to Haynes and [hopefully] Malik next year.

There’s a lot of hopefullies in this post. It’s what the portal and COVID years have done to us…

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
True. But if you are thinking 2025 we will be losing Maddox, Billups, Newton, and Polite who are all guards/wings (hopefully anyway!)

I have a feeling they’re going to target a big in the portal for 2024, and hopefully a multi-year player. Losing Pavrette before the season and Kelly afterward they’ll be down to Haynes and [hopefully] Malik next year.

There’s a lot of hopefullies in this post. It’s what the portal and COVID years have done to us…
No doubt regarding replacing those guards in 2025, I was more concerned about the immediate depth for 2024 behind and alongside Haynes and Henry. I would imagine Tony will go portal for that - another 6-8+ banger that can backup at the 4 and 5.

DRK331

Starter
I saw on Coach Louis Hinnant's Instagram story today that he was over at American University watching the WCAC Boys Semifinal game today (PVI vs Bishop Oconnell)