2024-2025 Schedule Thread

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Of course we're talking like 10+ years ago with different staff etc, so who knows if the grudge is still there.

Sports grudges can last a sports lifetime. Just look at the Maryland v. Georgetown feud. Lasted from John Thompson (the original for you youngsters) and Gary Williams to just a few years ago. And that was when G-town was finally just a shell of itself and no threat.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sports grudges can last a sports lifetime. Just look at the Maryland v. Georgetown feud. Lasted from John Thompson (the original for you youngsters) and Gary Williams to just a few years ago. And that was when G-town was finally just a shell of itself and no threat.
Georgetown-Maryland was supposed to be restarted this fall
This was announced today so Georgetown-MD has been pushed off at least 1 year

psyclone

Hall of Famer
From my computer's AI:

BracketBuster games, which were a part of the college basketball schedule, were designed to showcase mid-major teams and provide them with opportunities to improve their postseason résumés. However, these games have been discontinued. Let’s explore why:
  1. Changing Landscape: The college basketball landscape has evolved over time. Major conferences (often referred to as the “Big Six”) receive more attention, and mid-major teams face challenges in gaining at-large bids to the NCAA Tournament. BracketBuster games were meant to help mid-majors, but their impact became less significant.
  2. At-Large Bids: Mid-major teams are heavily judged based on how they compare to major conference teams. Beating another mid-major in a BracketBuster game didn’t significantly enhance their at-large chances. However, a loss could be detrimental.
  3. Better Alternatives: Some argue that BracketBuster weekend could have been put to better use. Instead of mid-majors playing each other, scheduling games against stronger opponents (major conference teams) might have been more beneficial for their postseason résumés12.
In summary, while BracketBuster games served a purpose, their discontinuation reflects the changing dynamics of college basketball and the need for mid-majors to seek other ways to enhance their postseason prospects.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I still can’t believe we signed the closest thing to a peer conference on the west coach to a scheduling agreement and then COVID blew it up and somehow it just went up in smoke.

If the A10 insider podcast ever interviews the commissioner again, I might @ them to see if they’ll ask her about what happened there and if they can get that thing restarted?

I still can’t believe we signed the closest thing to a peer conference on the west coach to a scheduling agreement and then COVID blew it up and somehow it just went up in smoke.

If the A10 insider podcast ever interviews the commissioner again, I might @ them to see if they’ll ask her about what happened there and if they can get that thing restarted?
The mountain west-A10 deal?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The WCC would be a nice partner. I was going to say that maybe they are too private and Catholic, but then I remembered which conference GMU was in.
WCC would largely be a big step down outside of a couple of teams. It would need to be Mountain West or bust for it to be worthwhile.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
WCC would largely be a big step down outside of a couple of teams. It would need to be Mountain West or bust for it to be worthwhile.
The WCC is adding GCU, Wazzu, and Oregon State, so that should close the gap a bit. But you're right, it would probably still be a step down.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Renew your season tickets TODAY for the 2024- 25 Men's Basketball season. An invoice for your seats is now on your George Mason Account Manager!
The invoice on your account will be for your FULL season ticket package. Continuing with the change from last year, there will not be deposits in 2024-25. Payment will need to be made in full or enrollment into payment plan by October 4th. The payment plan will require a $50 payment, subtracted from your invoice at the time of enrollment and monthly payments will start in October.
Pay your invoice by July 1, to be entered into a raffle for highly-anticipated non-conference matchup when George Mason faces Duke on December 17, 2024 at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina. Tickets will be within the George Mason Ticket Block!
If you have any questions or are interested in upgrading or changing your seat location for the 2024-25 season please contact your direct Account Representative or the Athletic Ticket Office at 703-993-3270 or by email, icatix@gmu.edu

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Renew your season tickets TODAY for the 2024- 25 Men's Basketball season. An invoice for your seats is now on your George Mason Account Manager!
The invoice on your account will be for your FULL season ticket package. Continuing with the change from last year, there will not be deposits in 2024-25. Payment will need to be made in full or enrollment into payment plan by October 4th. The payment plan will require a $50 payment, subtracted from your invoice at the time of enrollment and monthly payments will start in October.
Pay your invoice by July 1, to be entered into a raffle for highly-anticipated non-conference matchup when George Mason faces Duke on December 17, 2024 at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina. Tickets will be within the George Mason Ticket Block!
If you have any questions or are interested in upgrading or changing your seat location for the 2024-25 season please contact your direct Account Representative or the Athletic Ticket Office at 703-993-3270 or by email, icatix@gmu.edu
My hotel is already booked for Durham :)

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nothing is final but I suspect a few more leaks will come out in the next 2-3 weeks as stuff is finalized. Just a matter of someone telling rothstein lol.