2024-2025 Schedule Thread

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
According to NCAA officials, the start date for the 2024-25 season is already set to be November 4th.

Only 6 months minus 6 days of discussions about logos, pho, and when Mason gets a Football program.
The agony is exquisite!!! LOL.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
According to NCAA officials, the start date for the 2024-25 season is already set to be November 4th.

Only 6 months minus 6 days of discussions about logos, pho, and when Mason gets a Football program.

I believe we are adding men’s lacrosse to the agenda this offseason.

And do not forget the cutting of sports to accommodate more men’s basketball expenditures. This is also a perennial agenda item.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I believe we are adding men’s lacrosse to the agenda this offseason.
Honestly, Mason investing in Lacrosse could be a smart move in terms of both financial return and boosting school pride.

The tournament takes place during a typically quiet period in sports, remains minimally impacted by NIL issues (at least for now), and it only costs 12 scholarships.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah that’s literally the worst way to build a schedule these days but whatever

I’m not sure it’s the worst way to schedule. Dayton had 9 Q1 games last season and 17 combined Q1 and Q2 games and half of their games were away from UD Arena. They finished with a conference best NET 23.

And Gonzaga still does the “we will play anyone anywhere” philosophy. They also scheduled half their non-con away from home (although a couple of those games were semi-close in Seattle).

There is definitely a balance between buying a whole bunch of crappy sub-300 games and pimping yourself out to every P5 you can find. Given we can’t get invites to the kind of MTEs Gonzaga and Dayton are getting invited too we have to do a little more pimping to get the kind of SOS necessary to get them ready for conference play and to make sure if they do have a season like say Fordham did two seasons ago or Loyola or Richmond last season, they’re actually in the conversation for a bid and not hovering around 100 NET because they didn’t play anyone.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m not sure it’s the worst way to schedule. Dayton had 9 Q1 games last season and 17 combined Q1 and Q2 games and half of their games were away from UD Arena. They finished with a conference best NET 23.

And Gonzaga still does the “we will play anyone anywhere” philosophy. They also scheduled half their non-con away from home (although a couple of those games were semi-close in Seattle).

There is definitely a balance between buying a whole bunch of crappy sub-300 games and pimping yourself out to every P5 you can find. Given we can’t get invites to the kind of MTEs Gonzaga and Dayton are getting invited too we have to do a little more pimping to get the kind of SOS necessary to get them ready for conference play and to make sure if they do have a season like say Fordham did two seasons ago or Loyola or Richmond last season, they’re actually in the conversation for a bid and not hovering around 100 NET because they didn’t play anyone.
I know you understand this b/c it’s been discussed many times here and other places, but until the NCAA reduces the weight of Margin of Victory in calculating NET, the metrics say you are better off scheduling teams you can run up the score on than taking games you could conceivably lose.

The Big 12 had the worst OOC strength of schedule rating in all of Division I last season, but benefited in NET because many of their teams consistently blew out their opponents by 20 or more.

Thus they entered conference play with most of their games classified as Q1. That inflated their teams’ resumes and maximized opportunities to gain at-large bids.

Other than MTEs and the occasional buy game, A-10 programs should be scheduling blowout wins as much as possible. Sucks for entertaining games but the math is the math until the formula changes.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Other than MTEs and the occasional buy game, A-10 programs should be scheduling blowout wins as much as possible. Sucks for entertaining games but the math is the math until the formula changes.
Ticket sales for mid majors gotta be one of the hardest jobs in sports, and it ain't getting easier.

Come out and watch Mason take on the NET algorithm against a school you've probably never heard of!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn’t even have to be a glossy color program. A one page printout might suffice. Are they too fiscally conservative to do that?
WE even had that! A one page black and white off the copy machine. Folded in the middle. I still have a couple. Got Herb Estes on one and Andre Gaddy on the other.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Pretty sure the handed out programs were stopped like at least 10 years ago. They have digital programs.

My guess is nobody wants them and they are a waste. Everything is digital these days considering it’s 2024.

I know some of you like paper tickets worth 2 dollars and paper programs printed with dot matrix printers, but I don’t see that being a big demand or interest to the majority.