2023 Recruiting

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
KE, Nate, and Felton were sitting courtside to watch Rich Barron yesterday and this morning.
View: https://twitter.com/GMURecruiting/status/1545478144689332228

Mason Recruiting

@GMURecruiting

Coach English & Coach Nate are sitting at center court (alongside Tennessee HC and former George Mason HC Rick Barnes) watching Rich Barron and MeanStreets take on Team Final

Add Coach Felton to that as well

1657380808105.png

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is there a timeline for him at all?
Not that I’ve been told. Could be tomorrow, could be October. I do think we are in a very good position. From what I understand, we are currently his best offer.

He’s had a solid weekend despite not scoring a ton yesterday. He has a wrap on his shooting hand that’s affecting his shot a bit, but he’s doing other things well.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
Not that I’ve been told. Could be tomorrow, could be October. I do think we are in a very good position. From what I understand, we are currently his best offer.

He’s had a solid weekend despite not scoring a ton yesterday. He has a wrap on his shooting hand that’s affecting his shot a bit, but he’s doing other things well.
I passively keep up on the board. Do you go to the events or just communicate/work with the staff?

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Barron and MeanStreets played 6 games over the last 4 days in Kansas City. At some point Barron had something happen to his right hand/wrist, because he was wearing a wrap on it in games 4-6, which really hurt his shooting ability.

In the first 3 games against Drive Nation, Team Final, and Team Herro, Barron went 15-31 (48%) from the field, including 6-15 from deep (40%). He averaged 12.6 PPG, along with 5 RPG, and 2.3 APG in 20.3 MPG.

Like I said, games 4-6 he was dealing with an injury to his shooting hand/wrist, so his offensive numbers were not great. He did show off his ability to get to and finish at the basket yesterday with a few nice drives.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Given his pedigree, offer list, and highlights, I think this one is a long shot. He thanked Felton for the offer on Twitter. Wonder if Felton had any connection to his dad?

I don't see any offers that are insurmountable. Some P5 offers, but nothing that I would call "basketball-centric" schools

Here are our '22 recruits offers:

Dinkins (Georgetown, Virginia Tech, DePaul, Penn State)

Fernandez (Virginia Tech, Clemson, Boston College, Wake Forest, Providence, Florida, Florida, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Oregon State, Arizona State, Georgetown, Ole Miss, Butler, Georgia, Texas A&M, DePaul, Illinois, Oklahoma State)

Nnaji (Minnesota, Xavier, Marquette, Arizona) -- I know there was some question about whether or not these schools backed off, but they at least offered at one point.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I’m pretty intrigued with the other recent offer - Emmanuel Ugbo. I think we might be his first offer. He’s a 6’8” forward who averaged double figures at the NBA Academy recently. Looks to have a frame ready for the A10 from day 1. From Nigeria, playing in Germany from what I can tell.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see any offers that are insurmountable. Some P5 offers, but nothing that I would call "basketball-centric" schools

Fernandez (Virginia Tech, Clemson, Boston College, Wake Forest, Providence, Florida, Florida, Tennessee, Seton Hall, Oregon State, Arizona State, Georgetown, Ole Miss, Butler, Georgia, Texas A&M, DePaul, Illinois, Oklahoma State)

Nnaji (Minnesota, Xavier, Marquette, Arizona) -- I know there was some question about whether or not these schools backed off, but they at least offered at one point.
It should be noted and understood that not all "offers" are created equal. There are committable offers and non-committable offers. Vast majority of Justyn's offers were committable. Nnaji's were not.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Thanks for that. Obviously, as my other post exposed, I didn't realize who we had beaten out for these guys.

He15man

Starter
It should be noted and understood that not all "offers" are created equal. There are committable offers and non-committable offers. Vast majority of Justyn's offers were committable. Nnaji's were not.
Very true. I've followed football recruiting for years and this is often the case. Hundreds of "offers" get sent out so the school will at least be in play... but unless you're a high-4 or 5-star blue chipper, coaches often have to give a kid the green light to publicly commit.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
I’m pretty intrigued with the other recent offer - Emmanuel Ugbo. I think we might be his first offer. He’s a 6’8” forward who averaged double figures at the NBA Academy recently. Looks to have a frame ready for the A10 from day 1. From Nigeria, playing in Germany from what I can tell.

Yea. This guy definitely looks ready body wise.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Given his pedigree, offer list, and highlights, I think this one is a long shot. He thanked Felton for the offer on Twitter. Wonder if Felton had any connection to his dad?
We have to have that mentality that we can get anyone. KE is changing things here in ol' Funfax.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Northern Iowa in with an offer to Barron. Pleased to report he is still flying under the radar. Wouldn’t mind if he stayed that way.