2023 Recruiting

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Does he know Dinkins is our PG for the next few years possibly!?

This analysis point is way off. SG is open as of next year and could see a lot of mins.
And Fernandez likely will get some of his minutes at the 3.

A roster like Mason's is perfect for a 2023 guard who wants to play year one --- we have three sixth-year seniors in our 2022 backcourt.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
And Fernandez likely will get some of his minutes at the 3.

A roster like Mason's is perfect for a 2023 guard who wants to play year one --- we have three sixth-year seniors in our 2022 backcourt.

The minutes available at the 2 and 3 will depend highly on Blake Jones being able to play the 4 by his junior season and if Nnaji is actually a wing or more of a 4 (English says he’s a wing, but we will see).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
If Carrington doesn’t want a chance to earn meaningful minutes as a freshman, somebody else will. Fortunately he plays the easiest position on the planet to recruit — there are a gazillion talented SGs and I wouldn’t be surprised if Kim plucked one out of the portal to go with an incoming freshman in the 23 class.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Carlton Carrington, the No. 99 overall prospect in the 2023 class, is set to make his college decision today at 11:00 AM ET live on @CBSSportsHQ.

Options include: Iona, George Mason, Stanford, Pittsburgh and Loyola Chicago amongst others.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Baltimore kid, Baltimore Coach I mean you gotta keep it real. Great day in Fairfax??

Masonfan3

Sixth Man
I didn't know that missing out on Carrington stripped English of his ability to recruit any and all talent going forward.

Last time I checked he is still pretty pretty good.

It doesn't make him a bad recruiter but this was a huge miss/fail. Carrington was a top priority for this staff and they missed out on the kid. Anytime you miss out on a priority, especially one that is from your backyard, it is not a good day. But, there are still a lot of other guys out there to get.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
It doesn't make him a bad recruiter but this was a huge miss/fail. Carrington was a top priority for this staff and they missed out on the kid. Anytime you miss out on a priority, especially one that is from your backyard, it is not a good day. But, there are still a lot of other guys out there to get.

A huge fail?

We lost a top 100 kid to an ACC program. That we were even in it down to the wire seems like a pretty big deal considering where our program has been the last dozen years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebiasedannouncer

Recent Tweets