2023-24 Schedule

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tulane beats Fordham 89-81. I think that’s the second common opponent between Mason and Fordham (Fordham also lost to Cornell 78-73). Fordham was called for 30 fouls!!! Tulane shot 42 FTs in the game.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Right now, other than #90 Tulane, the only other Kenpom top 100 teams we will face are:
Dayton -57
Duquesne-85
Richmond-88
St. Joe's-89
Bonnies-99

vcu is at the margin at 103 and could rise if they beat Memphis at home tonight (Rams are 3 pt underdogs).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Right now, other than #90 Tulane, the only other Kenpom top 100 teams we will face are:
Dayton -57
Duquesne-85
Richmond-88
St. Joe's-89
Bonnies-99

vcu is at the margin at 103 and could rise if they beat Memphis at home tonight (Rams are 3 pt underdogs).

Kenpom matters not.

Top 100 NET teams currently:

UMass: 85
GW: 92
Dayton: 42
St. Joes: 72
Duquesne: 90
Richmond: 80

Not sure how these will shake out when we actually play them but right now Dayton in a fringe Q1 game (they’ll have to be top 30), Richmond away is right at the edge of Q1 and Q2.

Edit: since Q2 games go up to 135 for away games, that would currently add Davidson (123).

Lots of Q2 games, but very few Q1 opportunities. (Tulane is currently 68 NET so they are a Q1 game at the moment anyway).

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Dayton -57
Duquesne-85
Richmond-88
St. Joe's-89
Bonnies-99

GO TIGERS!!!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
GO TIGERS!!!
While some might rejoice the vcu loss at home against Memphis by 5 in ot (Rams were 2.5 pt underdogs), the A10 could have used a boost in a not-very-good night for the conference.

Although favorites for nearly all the games tonight, A10 teams:
-Richmond lost by 5 at N. Iowa
-Fordham lost at home by 3 to NJIT
-Towson at home beats UMass by 10
-LaSalle, a 10+ favorite at home, beats Loyola, Md on a buzzer beater.
-URI, a 3 pt favorite at home, loses to Brown by 3.

On a more positive note:
-SLU loses at Drake by 6, but was a bigger underdog
-Davidson at home beats Campbell by 12
-Duquesne at Marshall wins by 13
-St. Joes at home beats American by 16
-Bonnies win by 34 at Niagara

A10 goes 5-6 on the night.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While some might rejoice the vcu loss at home against Memphis by 5 in ot (Rams were 2.5 pt underdogs), the A10 could have used a boost in a not-very-good night for the conference.

Although favorites for nearly all the games tonight, A10 teams:
-Richmond lost by 5 at N. Iowa
-Fordham lost at home by 3 to NJIT
-Towson at home beats UMass by 10
-LaSalle, a 10+ favorite at home, beats Loyola, Md on a buzzer beater.
-URI, a 3 pt favorite at home, loses to Brown by 3.

On a more positive note:
-SLU loses at Drake by 6, but was a bigger underdog
-Davidson at home beats Campbell by 12
-Duquesne at Marshall wins by 13
-St. Joes at home beats American by 16
-Bonnies win by 34 at Niagara

A10 goes 5-6 on the night.
I know, but I cannot pull for vcpuke.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don’t like vcu. But I love Mason WAY more than I hate vcu. vcu is an afterthought.

If you hate vcu more than you love Mason, hey that’s your prerogative. Just seems a bit weird to me.

We can root for the overall benefit of Mason and still have plenty of room to hate vcu.

How many of you hypocrites have eaten at McDonald’s in the past year alone? So you’ll support the biggest employer of vcu grads but you won’t root for them to win and benefit Mason’s rankings once we blow them out on their home court?

And yes god damn it, I do want fries with that

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t like vcu. But I love Mason WAY more than I hate vcu. vcu is an afterthought.

If you hate vcu more than you love Mason, hey that’s your prerogative. Just seems a bit weird to me.

We can root for the overall benefit of Mason and still have plenty of room to hate vcu.

How many of you hypocrites have eaten at McDonald’s in the past year alone? So you’ll support the biggest employer of vcu grads but you won’t root for them to win and benefit Mason’s rankings once we blow them out on their home court?

If you REALLY love Mason, you will always want vcu to lose. UNC/Duke, Alabama/Auburn, Ohio State/Michigan...
To pull for vcu under any circumstances while saying you love Mason is true hypocrisy.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you REALLY love Mason, you will always want vcu to lose. UNC/Duke, Alabama/Auburn, Ohio State/Michigan...
To pull for vcu under any circumstances while saying you love Mason is true hypocrisy.

So what you’re saying is that if an ncaa bid was on the line, and we needed vcu to beat a team in I order to get in, you would still root against vcu?

That’s pretty f**king stupid. Maybe you want Mason to lose because of your grudge against young women shaking their asses in the stands.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So what you’re saying is that if an ncaa bid was on the line, and we needed vcu to beat a team in I order to get in, you would still root against vcu?

That’s pretty f**king stupid. Maybe you want Mason to lose because of your grudge against young women shaking their asses in the stands.
You got it! It's all about the grudge. I may be stupid, but you, sir, are brilliant!

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I HATE vcu but when they played Memphis last night, I was rooting for them all for the benefit of us. Slim chance but if we beat Tulane on the road and beat Dayton and have a great conference record, we could have a chance for an NCAA bid. Just holding out hope before Christmas in early DEC.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I HATE vcu but when they played Memphis last night, I was rooting for them all for the benefit of us. Slim chance but if we beat Tulane on the road and beat Dayton and have a great conference record, we could have a chance for an NCAA bid. Just holding out hope before Christmas in early DEC.

Unfortunately due to our conference schedule (all the top teams we play only at home—slight correction we do have an away game at St. Joes, which could be a Q1 opportunity if they keep winning), unless we had beaten Tennessee AND Tulane and finished something like 14-4 or better in conference it’s an auto-bid or nothing kind of situation for us no matter what (and this is true for vcu this year too).

FreeGunston12

All-American

What has vcu winning ever done for Mason?