2023-2024 Scholarship Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Anyone know if a decision has been made on the status for this year for Haynes and/or Newton?
Haven’t seen anything announced, but neither were mentioned in CTS’s recent interview with Fairfax County official (and he mentioned every other scholarship player).

FreeGunston12

All-American
He's deserving based on the effort I've seen him play with over the last couple years.

I'd love to know more about Kam. Charles City County High School is TINY (less than 200 students). I don't think he was a preferred walk-on. Did he just show up to open tryouts a couple years ago? Can anyone share more details if you've got em?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He's deserving based on the effort I've seen him play with over the last couple years.

I'd love to know more about Kam. Charles City County High School is TINY (less than 200 students). I don't think he was a preferred walk-on. Did he just show up to open tryouts a couple years ago? Can anyone share more details if you've got em?
Someone probably has more of the backstory than I do, but he started off originally as a practice player working with the Women’s team, and worked his way up to walking on to the men’s program.

ephoops

Starter
Happy for him. Hard work and dedication pays off. I loved the reaction of his teammates.

IIRC, some posters criticized DP for giving Jack T. a scholarship. That criticism was misplaced.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Happy for him. Hard work and dedication pays off. I loved the reaction of his teammates.

IIRC, some posters criticized DP for giving Jack T. a scholarship. That criticism was misplaced.
There’s a difference between giving a walkon a half season scholarship because a player unexpectedly leaves during the first semester, compared to being unable to fill a roster or scholarship players. DP was in the latter category and that absolutely deserved criticism and I would criticize Tony if he couldn’t put a full roster of scholarship players as well.

Someone probably has more of the backstory than I do, but he started off originally as a practice player working with the Women’s team, and worked his way up to walking on to the men’s program.
If my memory serves me right, KE was looking for another practice walk on last year to add in with Chase Tucker, and Kam won the tryout. Dude didn’t even have a name on the back of his jersey last year but clearly shows the commitment and effort to get this half year scholarship.

OP
MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Added Kam Johnson. The scholarship chart image seems to be too big for masonhoops to handle, so I've embedded my tweet this time. If folks have trouble accessing it that way, let me know, and I can try to save it down to a smaller file for the boards.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Keyshawn with 0 turnovers in the box score. Where the haters at?

Polite looked real good too!

Getting Ezewiro in foul trouble was huge. He definitely had 4, despite ESPN showing 3.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Keyshawn with 0 turnovers in the box score. Where the haters at?

Polite looked real good too!

Getting Ezewiro in foul trouble was huge. He definitely had 4, despite ESPN showing 3.
There's no Key haters on here. And that is a great stat for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.