2022 Recruiting

He15man

Starter
You would think that the opportunity to attend Harvard or Yale would be hard to turn down.
If I was offered a chance to go to Harvard, Yale or Princeton to play basketball, I can't fathom turning that down. I'd have to do some very serious (and honest) self evaluation and really ask myself what are the odds I'm not just going to make it... but stay... in the NBA.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If I was offered a chance to go to Harvard, Yale or Princeton to play basketball, I can't fathom turning that down. I'd have to do some very serious (and honest) self evaluation and really ask myself what are the odds I'm not just going to make it... but stay... in the NBA.

The Ivy League isn't a fit for everyone. Amazing schools, but there's a culture there just like anywhere else and if you don't fit in you don't fit in.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Chas Kelley a 6'5 guard out of Houston Texas has Mason in his top 6 along with

Rutgers
Boston College
Depaul
Ohio University
Butler

He is listed as a point guard but I am not sure if he is a combo guard or not.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Rutgers
Boston College
Depaul
Ohio University
Butler

He15man

Starter

Rutgers
Boston College
Depaul
Ohio University
Butler

Nice company to be in! Sounds like he'd be a good one!

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Connor Essegian out. Never really expected a kid from the midwest to come but he would have been interesting to watch.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Mo Lamine Mbaye signed with New Mexico Junior College. Odd twist of events.

Something doesn't smell right....first he was coming, then he wasn't, then he was reported (by top journalists) to sign as a pro overseas, to end up as a Junior College Player?
Wow. Speechless. WTF?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"New Mexico Junior College is an independent two-year comprehensive community college having as a major part of its fundamental mission the provision of serving the needs and making accessible post-secondary education to the members of the community. In order to fulfill this mission, the College has an open-door policy for admission of students in credit courses and programs, who have graduated from an accredited high school, completed a General Education Development (GED) or High School Equivalency (HiSET) certificate, or who through age and experience qualify for admission. The College also has opportunities for high school juniors and seniors to take college classes."

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Dance for the dollar, and you get stuck with your pants down.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
"New Mexico Junior College is an independent two-year comprehensive community college having as a major part of its fundamental mission the provision of serving the needs and making accessible post-secondary education to the members of the community. In order to fulfill this mission, the College has an open-door policy for admission of students in credit courses and programs, who have graduated from an accredited high school, completed a General Education Development (GED) or High School Equivalency (HiSET) certificate, or who through age and experience qualify for admission. The College also has opportunities for high school juniors and seniors to take college classes."
Hopefully he can improve both his game and his acedemics and move to a better place in two years. I have no idea if he has enough talent to be a professional basketball player - but I am glad that he has enough basketball talent that it can help him get an education and prepare for life.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Probably couldn't get academically eligible.

I don't want to speculate on his situation. But, it should be noted that he's been a student in this country for just 2 school years - https://africans-in-america.com/202...mbaye-senegalese-forward-reacts-to-asu-offer/

"In September of 2019, two months after the conclusion of the World Cup July 7, Lamine Mbaye said he made the decision to leave Senegal and pursue what he considered to be greater basketball opportunities in America. Playing his first year in the country as a junior for Louisville (Ky.) Aspire Basketball Academy, Lamine Mbaye played in 16 games averaging 10.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per contest, according to the team’s website. He had shooting splits of 45.8 percent (55-for-120) on two-point field goals and 34.6 percent (9-for-26) from behind the arc.

'It was a little bit hard,' Lamine Mbaye said of his transition to the United States. 'School, the English stuff, you see my English is not that good, but I’m trying to speak. When I was coming here, my English was not good. I couldn’t talk a lot, I only knew, "Hello. What (are) you doing?" It was pretty much that, but now I’m getting through it and I’m learning stuff and going to school trying to do my best.'”

Hopefully he can improve both his game and his acedemics and move to a better place in two years. I have no idea if he has enough talent to be a professional basketball player - but I am glad that he has enough basketball talent that it can help him get an education and prepare for life.

If he's a good kid who will work as hard academically as he does on the court, no reason why he can't play catch up and do so. Wish him the best.

And if he doesn't, I'm sure vcu will take him any way.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Justyn Fernandez Top 10

E8tMi5jWEAIvHgJ