2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Wow, yeah just checked. The last time I traveled to an event (March 2022) the hotels jacked up their prices to about 350 a night and that was Philadelphia, so I was expecting Brooklyn to be even worse.

$350 a night in Philly - does that rate come with a complimentary set of body armor?

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Armor not needed. Philly is a fine place.
Seriously - Philly is a great town, many a great night pre and post Mason games at LaSalle, Drexel, St Joes and just visiting friends in general. I’m guessing anyone who thinks you meed body armor in Philly has never been to Philly. I’ve certainly never seen PiKap at any of those games.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Seriously - Philly is a great town, many a great night pre and post Mason games at LaSalle, Drexel, St Joes and just visiting friends in general. I’m guessing anyone who thinks you meed body armor in Philly has never been to Philly. I’ve certainly never seen PiKap at any of those games.
I've only been to Philly once...for a wedding. Hiked through Valley Forge historical site, saw the Betsy Ross house, Benjamin Franklin's grave, Liberty bell, Independence Hall, ran up the Rocky stairs and toured the Museum of Art. All, very impressive!

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Philly is awesome but strange cap for Lasalle. That area of Philly is an absolute DUMP.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't like Tom Gola arena at all and yeah that neighborhood is an absolute dump. But a mile or two away there are some places to eat which were cool to check out pregame before the Mason Lasalle game.

But yeah, not a fan of Tom Gola arena. If they had a fundraising drive for a new arena I'd give them $20 out of pity lol.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lets get the thread back on topic.

Yay Mason Basketball! We better not suck this year! vcu should lose all their games this year!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Richmond Times-Dispatch just reported that vcu's enrollment for incoming freshmen is tanking...one major reason?
Crime in the area.

Down for 4 straight years
"There are numerous reasons why fewer students are choosing vcu, including increased competition from colleges in other states, the precipitous drop in community college enrollment, the cost of tuition, the meteoric rise in rent in downtown Richmond and the perception of danger on campus."

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Perception being a key word. And it's at the bottom of the list of concerns.

'and the perception of danger on campus.'

Sorry but I guess I am just a little prickly about people taking a crap on urban centers from being in the Portland OR area the last several years and people talking crap about the city all the time (which has problems but isn't Beirut).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Sorry but I guess I am just a little prickly about people taking a crap on urban centers from being in the Portland OR area the last several years and people talking crap about the city all the time (which has problems but isn't Beirut).

I’ve never really had an issue with the area around vcu other than the fact that vcu is also there

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Leave Beirut out of this — it’s no Richmond.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

It's not just perception, although that was the word the paper used. It is reality. Although the riots of last summer were something of an outlier, they still happened.
Is Richmond worse than other metro areas? Maybe, maybe not, but a Beruit comparison is absurd.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Beirut is a political reference--the first President Bush called Portland ''Little Beirut''

I am glad that there are 1-2 decent choices for the 5 game mini ticket plan. Chicago and Toledo should good games.