2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I cannot argue with you on this one. I mean if you start pulling in 8s and 9s over your previous 6s and 7s - you need to make room on your rotation.
Being generous with 6-7 lol. Maybe Ronny is that. The other two not so much especially if XJ injury is permanent. He was worse than Jamal last year

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It also helps that our last 2 guys in the portal play the most easily replaceable positions. I want both to stay but if they leave it’s at least possible KE can upgrade those spots.

Agreed. Much more difficult to replace an established big than it is a wing. With the addition of Gaines, Cooper, and Schwartz the writing might be on the wall for Kolek and Miller, and if both leave so be it.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hey man, the train is rolling and I love it.... but it ain't moving THAT fast lol

9249868.jpg

"Hold my Beer"

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t think Seton Hall has a spot for him but Mason does...

As long as English fills the roster to capacity, at this point I think its best available. If its a guy like Anosike, if its the Louisville whoever. I think the roster is pretty balanced at this point. Depth experience and size.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Tennessee F EJ Anosike also is in the portal. Curious if Mason would be in the mix ... listed at 6-7, 245 and would bolster our rotation at the 4/5 spots
EJ was a monster at Sacred Heart, but his feet just weren't quick enough to make up for his lack of height in the SEC. He would be an outstanding addition to the front court, but I think that the recruiting focus has turned to guard.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
As long as English fills the roster to capacity, at this point I think its best available. If its a guy like Anosike, if its the Louisville whoever. I think the roster is pretty balanced at this point. Depth experience and size.
Too many flawed PGs for my liking but otherwise yes the roster is much improved

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
EJ was a monster at Sacred Heart, but his feet just weren't quick enough to make up for his lack of height in the SEC. He would be an outstanding addition to the front court, but I think that the recruiting focus has turned to guard.
If KE can get Josh Nickelberry to go with Devon Cooper at the 2, nobody will be thinking at all about Kolek come November

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Agreed at this point I would prefer Kolek or a 2 guard. However, with enough guards on the roster (the 4 PGs) I think you could also have whoever sign at this point to fill the roster, "best available" would make sense
Too many flawed PGs for my liking but otherwise yes the roster is much improved
Absolutely the biggest flawed point. 4 PGs and not sure who will come out of it as primary. I have to think it is Polite's to lose at this point but who knows as its so early.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Miller isn’t coming back we do still need a 4 unless Schwartz is gonna be playing there. I don’t think Malik will be ready to start by next season