2 Random questions I had

DRK331

Starter
Here are just some random questions I had about Mason basketball:

1. When was the last time Mason was ranked in the Top 25?

2. Has Mason ever been ranked in the Preseason Top 25?

Thanks!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Thanks!

No (although many would argue had Coach Larranaga stayed 2012 team —Pearson, Morrison, Cornelius, Hancock, Wright — would have been, but who knows)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Thanks!
I think we were ranked #25 for the upcoming season right after 2011. Then, well, you know...

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Just went and checked...we have never been ranked in the AP poll. I believe we hit 25 in the coach's poll in 2005-06 and again in 2010-11.

Closest we got in the AP was #26 (top team in the "others receiving votes" section) at the end of the 17 game streak (week of Feb 28) in 2011 before promptly getting routed by vcu on March 6th. New poll came out on the 7th that year and we were further back in the "others" category.

That #8 in the final poll was the coach's poll...the AP stops at the end of the regular season.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just went and checked...we have never been ranked in the AP poll. I believe we hit 25 in the coach's poll in 2005-06 and again in 2010-11.

Closest we got in the AP was #26 (top team in the "others receiving votes" section) at the end of the 17 game streak (week of Feb 28) in 2011 before promptly getting routed by vcu on March 6th. New poll came out on the 7th that year and we were further back in the "others" category.

That #8 in the final poll was the coach's poll...the AP stops at the end of the regular season.
Stupid AP. Bring back the UPI!!!