Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Spot on. It’s like coming home from work and finding your wife naked in bed with another man, then she says “Don’t be mad — We didn’t go all the way, only fooled around.”

I've heard this happened several times to Ed Cooley. He being the cheater.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Finally... some truth being reported, and not the panicked/desperate ramblings of Providence booster mouthpieces seeking clicks...
Who do you think the AD talks to the most? If you don't think those boosters don't know what's going on then I have some oceanfront property in Utah to sell to you.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To be fair, there probably will be oceanfront property in Utah in a few decades
I herd that in 1989 - ain't gonna happen.

Back to the booster - some boosters are more important than others and if there are negotiations then they would keep it confidential. Providence doesn't have a great track record on pulling coaches from Mason.

He15man

Starter
Who do you think the AD talks to the most? If you don't think those boosters don't know what's going on then I have some oceanfront property in Utah to sell to you.
I'm not saying they're not talked to. I'm saying they're desperate and leaking misinformation to essentially speak "KE to Providence" into existence. Word is Shrewsberry shot them down, so they need this to work. That said, I'm not saying KE to Providence won't happen... I'm just saying people on here (and elsewhere) need to breathe for a second and not pummel this guy yet. It's not over.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I herd that in 1989 - ain't gonna happen.

Back to the booster - some boosters are more important than others and if there are negotiations then they would keep it confidential. Providence doesn't have a great track record on pulling coaches from Mason.
1 out of 2, 50%

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not saying they're not talked to. I'm saying they're desperate and leaking misinformation to essentially speak "KE to Providence" into existence. Word is Shrewsberry shot them down, so they need this to work. That said, I'm not saying KE to Providence won't happen... I'm just saying people on here (and elsewhere) need to breathe for a second and not pummel this guy yet. It's not over.
I won't rip the guy for leaving, however, I will rip him for not thinking anything would leak. He's the king of social media. Seriously? You don't think one of those booster wouldn't have loose lips? Also, I'm sure his agent has been blabbering to Rothstein, Goodman, et al. You want a raise, you want the shine? Well, guess what? The leaks and scuttlebutt come with it.

He15man

Starter
I won't rip the guy for leaving, however, I will rip him for not thinking anything would leak. He's the king of social media. Seriously? You don't think one of those booster wouldn't have loose lips. Also, I'm sure his agent has been blabbering to Rothstein, Goodman, et al. You want a raise, you want the shine, well, guess what the leaks and scuttlebutt come with it.
This isn't about not expecting things to leak. That stuff is to be expected... absolutely. The difference here is that what's being leaked is blatantly false to put pressure on KE and his agent. Do I think that's a stupid strategy - unequivocally. But desperate people do desperate things. All i'm saying is let's just wait for something official from either Mason or Providence before we start tearing him to shreds. Journalists these days are write first, fact-check later...

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This isn't about not expecting things to leak. That stuff is to be expected... absolutely. The difference here is that what's being leaked is blatantly false to put pressure on KE and his agent. Do I think that's a stupid strategy - unequivocally. But desperate people do desperate things. All i'm saying is let's just wait for something official from either Mason or Providence before we start tearing him to shreds. Journalists these days are write first, fact-check later...
He's on a plane to Providence, dude. We all know how this works. It's the "I haven't ever talked to anyone at Providence" routine. Meanwhile, his agent has all the details worked out. And if he didn't expect this type of thing to happen, I'm not sure I'd want him around anymore anyway because he's way too naive to navigate the CB landscape.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kathy McKay and Brian would never do that. He made his bed.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not at all saying you’re wrong, just don’t understand what Providence gains from pressuring Kim by leaking misinformation to the press. If they really want him, potentially pissing him off and leading him to stay at Mason would seem to be the worst possible scenario.

Embarrassing to say the least if he was their No. 1 choice and he turns them down to stay at a middling A-10 school.

He15man

Starter
Not at all saying you’re wrong, just don’t understand what Providence gains from pressuring Kim by leaking misinformation to the press. If they really want him, potentially pissing him off and leading him to stay at Mason would seem to be the worst possible scenario.

Embarrassing to say the least if he was their No. 1 choice and he turns them down to stay at a middling A-10 school.
I don't disagree. I don't think it's a smart strategy either. But... if I was desperate to get a hire that wouldn't result in an uproar with my fans... the thinking might be to release information that makes Mason fans in this instance go apeshit and start hurling insults his way to make him want to just say screw it and go with the new paycheck and conference vs. hearing his current bosses out. If we start destroying him and calling him a traitor in the same way Providence fans are crucifying Cooley, then maybe 1 of 2 things happens... he sees that we Mason fans are no better, and who wants to coach for an ungrateful fanbase? Or two... we at least look as petty and spiteful as their fans do. So why not get paid more and not be the focus of that same spite?

I'm not saying that's the thinking. I'm just theorizing. Because I also thought it an idiotic strategy when i heard it.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This dude is all about the bag. Young and immature coach who just wants the clout and money.

He would be doing this after each season until he found something he really wanted, we were just a stepping stone. I think he thinks he can make an impact at Providence and will give him time.... nah man.... you gotta win now in the Big East.

F this guy. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.