Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They will raid other teams' rosters and/ or portal. Guess he'd rather have more seasoned guys vs dealing with freshman being freshman.

I suppose when you are at that level it doesn’t much matter if you are recruiting freshmen (one-and-done) or transfers, you’ll always be roster rebuilding every year either way.

For our level, best to try to move players through the system and develop them here over 4 years. Crazy to think you have to re-recruit everyone on your roster every year, but that’s where we are.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Junkies just offered Feinstein his pick of 3 choices for the Georgetown job: Pitino, Brey or Kenny Blakeney from Howard.

Feinstein said it would be a toss-up between Brey and Blakeney.

Not mentioned: Kim English.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Junkies just offered Feinstein his pick of 3 choices for the Georgetown job: Pitino, Brey or Kenny Blakeney from Howard.

That is an underwhelming list.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

That is an underwhelming list.
Nah that list makes sense.

Mike Brey is from the DC area, hes done well at the ACC level and bringing him home for Georgetown has to be something they'd look at.
Pitino is a no brainer just from his background. Its just a matter of does Pitino want a high major or does he prefer staying in the NY area with the St Johns job opening potentially.
Blakeney I don't know much about, but seems weird that Georgetown would go that route.

Curious why you think this is underwhelming @Walter .

And yes, I am certainly okay with English not being linked to the Georgetown job as well. As much as English might be a "hot up and comer", he still hasnt' done anything at Mason from a "March Madness" perspective. Now if we make some miracle run this year, that could change but right now, I can't see why he would be on the map for anyone.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Nah that list makes sense.

Mike Brey is from the DC area, hes done well at the ACC level and bringing him home for Georgetown has to be something they'd look at.
Pitino is a no brainer just from his background. Its just a matter of does Pitino want a high major or does he prefer staying in the NY area with the St Johns job opening potentially.
Blakeney I don't know much about, but seems weird that Georgetown would go that route.

And yes, I am certainly okay with English not being linked to the Georgetown job as well. As much as English might be a "hot up and comer", he still hasnt' done anything at Mason from a "March Madness" perspective. Now if we make some miracle run this year, that could change but right now, I can't see why he would be on the map for anyone.
Blakeney hasn’t done anything at Howard either. Just wanted to point out how much things have changed compared to last year when Kim was on everyone’s list to be moving on ASAP. As noted I’m also perfectly fine with that lol.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Blakeney hasn’t done anything at Howard either. Just wanted to point out how much things have changed compared to last year when Kim was on everyone’s list to be moving on ASAP. As noted I’m also perfectly fine with that lol.

He’s going to have to prove it now after last season’s collapse, which is both good for him (sticking around and actually building a program will help him when he goes to a bigger school) and good for us (English getting interviews means the program has actually won something finally).

Would love for him to follow the Shaka model and build a sustained program instead of jumping at the first big school that comes calling.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Two guys past their prime and one guy who hasn’t accomplished anything yet.

I was surprised to learn that Brey is only 63. I was assuming he was in his upper 60s.

No way Georgetown should touch Pitino. I would hate to be questioning if my table at any number of Georgetown restaurants was properly cleaned after Pitino had been there.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Pitino would be perfect. Imagine a good uptick in strip club quality with him in town. :)

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s going to have to prove it now after last season’s collapse, which is both good for him (sticking around and actually building a program will help him when he goes to a bigger school) and good for us (English getting interviews means the program has actually won something finally).

Would love for him to follow the Shaka model and build a sustained program instead of jumping at the first big school that comes calling.
That is certainly the dream for all of us. He makes it big at Mason (like we make a sweet 16), we dump money into the program to compete (state of the art upgrades), he jets off and we hire Tony.

The last part is more in jest, but in a perfect scenario that is what happens. I'm also daydreaming to some degree.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That is certainly the dream for all of us. He makes it big at Mason (like we make a sweet 16), we dump money into the program to compete (state of the art upgrades), he jets off and we hire Tony.

The last part is more in jest, but in a perfect scenario that is what happens. I'm also daydreaming to some degree.
When I daydream about Mason Basketball, Kim becomes our Mark Few and vcu is the plucky little Saint Mary’s to our Gonzaga.

What the hell, may as well daydream big.

Status
Not open for further replies.