Goodbye Jordan Miller

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Maybe true, but Belmont has a first rounder and they didn't have a stellar season.

A team with Miller and Kolek coached by Tony would have likely made some noise in the tournament.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe true, but Belmont has a first rounder and they didn't have a stellar season.

A team with Miller and Kolek coached by Tony would have likely made some noise in the tournament.

Polite, Kolek, Miller, Ticket, Oduro with Cooper as 6th man (if he would have still come), add Fernandez and Malik/Ojiako as your 8-man rotation. Would have been a damn good team.

We were definitely missing someone of Miller’s skillset and Kolek’s court awareness last season.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Polite, Kolek, Miller, Ticket, Oduro with Cooper as 6th man (if he would have still come), add Fernandez and Malik/Ojiako as your 8-man rotation. Would have been a damn good team.

We were definitely missing someone of Miller’s skillset and Kolek’s court awareness last season.
We can daydream all we like about "what ifs", but I doubt very much that Ticket and Cooper come to Mason if Kolek and Miller stayed. And who's to say that Kolek becomes a full-time pg if Polite is still here? He wasn't a full-time pg until Shaka put him in that position.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We can daydream all we like about "what ifs", but I doubt very much that Ticket and Cooper come to Mason if Kolek and Miller stayed. And who's to say that Kolek becomes a full-time pg if Polite is still here? He wasn't a full-time pg until Shaka put him in that position.

This is totally true (although with Ticket, there was still an open starting spot for him when English was hired even if Miller had stayed — more likely Schwartz and Bailey don’t come if Miller and Kolek stayed; might have been a tough sell for Cooper too).

And yes, we had the team we had; but it’s the off-season and what is the off-season for if not daydreaming?

illayin

Sixth Man
excited to see him play in the NBA... with how many injuries the clippers always have on the wings, hope to see him get to prove himself in his rookie year!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Congrats to Jordan!

Jay Larranaga is gonna look nice.

Masonfan3

Starter
If given a choice most coaches would rather be in the NBA, where it’s all about hoops and you don’t have to think about recruiting and school.
Since the creation of NIL and the transfer portal, I'd agree with you. Prior to that I'd say college was the better job. The best coaches were in college where they didn't have to worry as much about ego or outside noise. Now it's difficult because you are spending so much of your time recruiting because you have to deal with "free agency" every offseason, and sometimes during the season.