GreenetoUSF.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,773
Last edited by a moderator:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Welcome Javon!

Very cool. Barring any transfers, we now know what the roster should look like for the next 3 years. And dare I say, it looks a lot more balanced than the final two years under our old coach? :crazyeyes:

OP
GMU_DCU

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
His list of offers wasn't very impressive. Hopefully Paulsen has found another Livingston in this kid.

Coastal Carolina
Alcorn St.
Chattanooga
Georgia St.
Tennessee Tech

ephoops

Starter
Greene looks to be a nice piece for the roster. Very athletic, good handle , aggressive on both ends of the floor and good touch from "3". He will need to get stronger but that is the case for most kids making the jump from high school to the A-10.

Playing behind Otis for two years will aid in his development.

I would not worry about his lack of P-5 and high mid-major offers. Paulsen and his staff have demonstrated that they can identify and develop talent that may have been overlooked by larger programs.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
The kid can obviously shoot but I am a bit concerned that based on this video, and another one I saw recently, that he is a set shooter. At barely more than 6' tall, I am wondering whether he will be able to get that kind of shot off in college. I sure hope so. But this is not a "classic jump shot."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The kid can obviously shoot but I am a bit concerned that based on this video, and another one I saw recently, that he is a set shooter. At barely more than 6' tall, I am wondering whether he will be able to get that kind of shot off in college. I sure hope so. But this is not a "classic jump shot."

It's not really a classic set shot, either. Javon does get off the floor, although he obviously doesn't release the ball at the apex of his jump like a lot of guys.

He gets by with it now because his release is ridiculously quick, but likely will have to learn to elevate more on his shot to be successful on the D-I level.

I'd be more concerned if he couldn't jump, which is certainly not the case for a 6-1 guy who dunks with ease.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator

He's a year away and is 6'1" by most reports. He could be 6'3" by the time he arrives. If he is a true point then distribution and creating I'd think are priority #1. The perimeter scoring option will be a nice bonus in DP's motion offense. Oh, and defense matters.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It's not really a classic set shot, either. Javon does get off the floor, although he obviously doesn't release the ball at the apex of his jump like a lot of guys.

He gets by with it now because his release is ridiculously quick, but likely will have to learn to elevate more on his shot to be successful on the D-I level.

I'd be more concerned if he couldn't jump, which is certainly not the case for a 6-1 guy who dunks with ease.

I think the key point of your post is the quickness of his release.
If he can pass and assist he could be really good.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I thought the same thing. He also has a low release.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Here's a more recent video that shows much more offensive variety and explosiveness.

Especially love the baseline drive for the 2-handed dunk. Pretty impressive athleticism for 6-1.