• C7872492-87C6-4577-B3AD-7761085F1577.jpeg
    C7872492-87C6-4577-B3AD-7761085F1577.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 70,484

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very excited for Desmond to be added to the 2023 class. I really like the quality of recruits that English has brought in since he started 18 months ago at Mason. Between the transfers and the freshmen, hes brought in a lot of pieces that fit a puzzle. The quality of talent has certainly increased as well which should help on the court and help Mason keep up with the rest of the league that also recruits so well.

Recruiting is so crucial to a program, and English has shown excellent ability in this area. Hopefully we will start to see a lot more wins going forward to fulfill the higher expectations set with recruiting improvements.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It’s nice to be recruiting at the A10 level and not the Patriot League.

The old me looks at the future of the roster with a little nervousness. We are pretty stacked at the 1 through 3 positions - I guess Ball, Elvis, and Blake could all play the 4, but I wouldn’t consider any of the a primary power forward…

But with the new transfer rules, the new me says you can’t worry much about future roster construction because so many players can/will come and go between now and then. Get the best available, address the future needs with the portal.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

The old me looks at the future of the roster with a little nervousness. We are pretty stacked at the 1 through 3 positions - I guess Ball, Elvis, and Blake could all play the 4, but I wouldn’t consider any of the a primary power forward…

But with the new transfer rules, the new me says you can’t worry much about future roster construction because so many players can/will come and go between now and then. Get the best available, address the future needs with the portal.

Well, we still have Henry and a possible COVID year out of Ojiako. And yeah Blake and Nnaji aren’t prototypical 4s, but English doesn’t really play a prototypical 2 big offense. Nnaji will be slightly undersized but he apparently has a 7’4” wingspan and is already 20 lbs heavier than Ticket. Blake needs to hit the weight room and eat about 10 lbs of protein a day.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Gotta believe Elvis is the heir apparent to Ticket, unless Blake really comes on and takes the job. Justyn at the 2, Austin at the 3 and Elvis at the 4 would be quite an athletic trio.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was thinking Oduro. I thought he was more of a low post player.

For Ticket? No. But we are currently sleeping in/not expecting much from Little Brother Oduro. Maybe we shouldn’t be. Hopefully we won’t have to worry about it until his junior year.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Fair enough. But either way we’ll need to replace both shortly. We’ve got a lot of front court depth right now, but much of it is turning over soon.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Fair enough. But either way we’ll need to replace both shortly. We’ve got a lot of front court depth right now, but much of it is turning over soon.
Hopefully Ojiako is ready to take over the 5 from Josh because landing a first-team all-A10 big from the portal will not happen. Otherwise I feel like solid succession plans are in place.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Great week of recruiting. Great day of NFL. Just need a Cowgirl loss, and week will end perfect.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Great week of recruiting. Great day of NFL. Just need a Cowgirl loss, and week will end perfect.

Loved me some college football upsets too. Notre Dame to Marshall, Texas A&M to App. State, Nebraska to Ga. Southern, Florida to Kentucky.... if only Texas could've held on.

burn-elmo.gif